Skip to content

Adding NPC personalities to custom characters?

sparrow13xsparrow13x Member Posts: 120
edited November 2016 in General Modding
Hey guys, I recently read somewhere that someone had created a custom party and used EE Keeper to attach NPC personalities to their created characters. I was wondering if anyone knew how I could do this?

In EE Keeper I briefly messed around with what was called an "override script" and it seemed to change Jaheira's portrait to Aerie's in-game but I'm not sure if it would have granted Jaheira the new character's dialogue/romance etc.

I'm looking to create a 3 man party with a C/R, Assassin, and some sort of mage but I'd like it if I could pretend they were NPCs. Thanks for any help!

Comments

• GodGod Member Posts: 1,150
    That can be done with flags, and globals, and stuff, I suppose :neutral:

But a much easier and less work-intensive way to accomplish what you want would be to simply spawn and add existing NPCs to your party via the debug console, save your game and then adjust them to your liking with EEKpr. Should work, though I don't have a BG2 installation to test it on.
  • sparrow13xsparrow13x Member Posts: 120
    God said:

That can be done with flags, and globals, and stuff, I suppose :neutral:

But a much easier and less work-intensive way to accomplish what you want would be to simply spawn and add existing NPCs to your party via the debug console, save your game and then adjust them to your liking with EEKpr. Should work, though I don't have a BG2 installation to test it on.

In my limited experience messing with classes on keeper I've found it can be awkward, especially when you try to switch to certain classes and kits, at least without changing a bunch of other variables that I either don't know about or require doing some math based on variables that I also don't know about.

For example if I wanted to change Yoshimo into a Swashbuckler I don't think he will get the +thac0/Dmg bonuses for the previous levels unless I reset him to level 1 and then grant him experience using the console. But then his thieving skills, proficiencies and HP don't get reset unless you do it manually. I've found thieving skills in particular very annoying to try and edit.

I could be doing this all totally wrong, I just know I had a really tough time trying to get a multi-class Shadowdancer/Fighter going before I eventually gave up.