Skip to content

Collector's Edition Box

Comments

• ThunderThunder Member Posts: 157
    Any news?
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    We're in the process of putting together a report.
    AndreaColomboPaladinLiluralolien
  • PaladinPaladin Member Posts: 335
    What does that mean?
  • danbo0001danbo0001 Member Posts: 16
    just read the blog post, great news!!!

but unless i have missed the estimates in a previous thread/post (apologies in advance if i did!) or i am the only one with zero knowledge of manufacturing, i would have thought that the following part from the post:-

Once production is complete the components will be sent overseas from China to our packaging and shipping partner in the United States. They will assemble each copy and begin mailing them...

would have an immediately obvious response from those who have ordered the CE - how long does all that stuff take on average? is it days, weeks or months?

i am not after an exact ship date, but i would have thought that now those issues are resolved, at least an estimate of the duration of these activities is possible.
  • PaladinPaladin Member Posts: 335
    I think it's safe to assume that we're still at least a month out.
    my only other experience of small scale manufacturing/production and subsequent shipping (presumably by container ship) from factory to distributor (with then packaging and subsequent ship to customer) is with numenera stuff from monte cook games. let's say each stage is one month, we are looking at around february for arrival on our doorsteps.

the reason i am asking is coz i have just one experience to go on in this scenario so obviously i cannot use this to make any assumptions about the timelines here. but i would expect that by now beamdog would have those estimates especially since manufacturing is a go. it goes without saying i hope it is a lot sooner than february .....
  • CalemyrCalemyr Member Posts: 238
    Thank you for the info.
    JuliusBorisovlolien
    before christmas would be great! thanks for the update :)
    JuliusBorisovlolien
  • tsunderetsundere Member Posts: 11
    The content looks great, looking forward to it
    JuliusBorisovlolien
  • AKrugBierAKrugBier Member Posts: 110
    Finally. Let's hope that it arrives before xmas.
    lolien
  • raritiesrarities Member Posts: 1
    just when it's finally ready = sold out :)
    Well.. time to do some ebay soon :)
  • garyriley1982garyriley1982 Member Posts: 32
    Looks like I'm moving in the month of December. I ordered way back at the beginning, so it looks like I need to change the postal address - anyone have any idea how I go about getting this changed before this gets posted out?
    JuliusBorisovCrevsDaakQuartz
  • bleusteelbleusteel Member Posts: 523
    If the pieces are being flown in, that's actually great news. Most of the time shipments like this come on giant cargo ships that take weeks to cross the Pacific. And then they sit at the port of Oakland for a few more weeks while customs farts around with your paperwork. And, if you're verrry lucky the longshoremen wont be striking, and you might actually get your container on a truck to its destination within 2 months of the date it left China. Of course this time of year with global climate change there are freak snowstorms to contend with and maybe the truck will slide off the road spilling our precious dice all over the Interstate.

Anyway, hopefully the parts are on a nice, safe aeroplane.
    Quartz
  • NatregNatreg Member Posts: 100
    Please make sure when you deliver the collection version that they are on proper boxes with protection and marked as fragile.

It has already happen to me that I got one game box from a game in the United States and it came all mashed by weight because it was not properly sealed as it should have been.

Also, just curious. Which version of the game are we getting? I hope it's at least the 2.3 version which have been around for a while.

And, is there any news on a way to update the disc installed game?
    will you be updating that blog update post (number 4) list of "things that need to happen in this order" with the status as it changes?

i just checked and it is still saying shipping pending, but i don't know if that is a true status or it just hasn't been updated.

i know my order won't make it before xmas as its delivery will be international, but seeing a status indicator that we know is being maintained would help :)
    GallowglassThunder
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    danbo0001 said:

will you be updating that blog update post (number 4) list of "things that need to happen in this order" with the status as it changes?

We'll add a new post to update people when we get more information.
    lolien
    ok, thanks julius
    JuliusBorisov
  • MalbethMalbeth Member Posts: 27
    Hopefully it arrives for summer fall Christmas year of the rooster! I am trying to finish my current play through before it arrives so I don't feel I have to abandon a steam-run before going to dvd-run.
  • ThunderThunder Member Posts: 157
    Any news?
  • Sylvus_MoonbowSylvus_Moonbow Member Posts: 1,085

We'll add a new post to update people when we get more information.

• 626_EXP626_EXP Member Posts: 33
    Well getting it for Xmas seems to be beyond reality at this point....
  • cryocorecryocore Member Posts: 121
    I dont know about you, but this has now become nothing short of a joke. The incompetence on display here is utterly unforgivable!

I actually regret giving these fools my money, but I know I wont be making that mistake ever again.

Two things required:
    An apology
    An actual shipping date

I've been patient, but now I am just annoyed.
  • PsiryuPsiryu Member Posts: 13
    cryocore said:

Two things required:
    An apology
    An actual shipping date

For the apology see here: http://blog.beamdog.com/2016/09/collectors-edition-update-2.html

Hopefully we'll be getting a shipping date in the next couple of months.
    lolien
  • cryocorecryocore Member Posts: 121
    Psiryu said:

cryocore said:

Two things required:
    An apology
    An actual shipping date

For the apology see here: http://blog.beamdog.com/2016/09/collectors-edition-update-2.html

Hopefully we'll be getting a shipping date in the next couple of months.
    That apology was 4 months ago... still not even shipped. Not good enough.
  • MathsorcererMathsorcerer Member Posts: 3,037
    Truthfully, I regret never ordering this. *sigh*