Skip to content

Bard Stronghold bug doesn't allow me to continue

EnuhalEnuhal Member Posts: 920
edited November 2016 in Troubleshooting
Hey everyone,

I'm currently experiencing an issue with the bard stronghold questline. I've recently defeated the turmish barbarians and now the costume fitting should start. Now, when I talk to Higgold about it, after the dialogue, he teleports me not downstairs to the actual theater area, but to just to another spot in the main room of the five flaggons inn. Nothing happens (propably since the characters needed for the costume fitting scene aren't here), and I have to exit the game and reload.

I'm already pretty sure I know why this is happening: After defeating the barbarians and talking to Higgold again, he started walking away to leave the inn. However, he didn't leave - he walked into a wall and wouldn't move any further. I hoped he would just disappear by himself, but he didn't, so I rested - finally, he was gone, but the fact that he never actually left the inn seems to have impacted his script (the spot were he teleports me to is the spot he was stuck before I rested).

I wonder if there's a way to fix this via the console or otherwise, because the last save I could load before the barbarian encounter (which propably started this whole mess) would cost me several hours of gametime. Maybe it's somehow possible to spawn an unbugged version of Higgold who could take me to the theater where I should be going, but I don't know the console command I would have to use. Maybe some people have other ideas.

I should also mention that this is not in a BG2:EE game, but in the old BG2:SoA (mods installed only include the BG2 Fixpack, BGT and SCS).

Enuhal

Comments

• Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,870
    Hard to say without a save but if the line was as below, he should move rather than teleport/vanish.

We will still have dress rehearsal tomorrow. We will need you, as our patron, to see the trial before we open, so come anytime tomorrow and we will be ready.
    MoveToPoint([684.721])

There is also a 1 day timer after that event, without looking into it too far is it possible that you've not waited long enough?
    JuliusBorisovEnuhal
  • EnuhalEnuhal Member Posts: 920
    edited November 2016
    Thank you for your answer @Gate70

I'm already past that line. Meck is asking me to come to the theater and Higgold (who is upstairs) is telling me something along the lines of "Ah, there you are! ... The dress rehearsal shall begin!"

I do have a save right before that (I'd have to rest one more time before Meck appears) if that is helpful. Still, everytime I load it the ultimate outcome is the same as described in my opening post

Enuhal
    Sure, attach the save & I'll have a look.
    @Gate70 Here it is, I hope this works.

This is the save before the dress rehearsal starts - after one rest, Meck will appear, tell you to go to Higgold (who is next to the stairs) and if you talk to him, the bug should set in.

Thank you very much for your help,

Enuhal
    OK, try this @Enuhal
    (no promises as I ran it through in EE and can't remember the bard stronghold in detail)

Upstairs:
    CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("DidThis","AR0522",1)
    Higgold should vanish
    Wait a few hours for Meck to arrive

Go downstairs:
    Head to the stage
    CLUAConsole:CreateCreature("bdhigg01")
    EnuhalJuliusBorisov
    Thank you so much @Gate70 ! Your solution worked perfectly!