Skip to content

Any news about the iOS/Android version?

SoD for PC is out since april...why are we waiting that much for the iOS version? Where can I get some more info?

Comments

• DoubledimasDoubledimas Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,286
    edited November 2016

Which I wouldn't interpret as "not going to happen", but as "after we finish this other thing".
  • FregasegaFregasega Member Posts: 45

Which I wouldn't interpret as "not going to happen", but as "after we finish this other thing".
    Agree...unfortunately!
  • PugPugPugPug Member Posts: 560
    That reads like they are not even working on it right now.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • rapsam2003rapsam2003 Member Posts: 1,636

While it's disappointing that Beamdog can't multitask and keep some devs working on the 2.4 patch while other talent works on new project(s)... at the same time

Are you sure they HAVE enough "other talent" to do that? Their team is very, very small.
  • GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356
    Yes, it seems to be a fairly lean team at Beamdog, and that's probably inevitable.

A young company which hasn't yet had time to build up a cushion of financial reserves, and is operating in a high-risk business like game development, has to keep as many people as possible on projects which will (if successful) keep the revenue coming in. Salaries cost money! Follow-up and support work is very important for good reputation (and indeed that does have financial value!), but when reserves are thin it's natural (and probably vital) to give high priority to generating rapid cash.

If Beamdog have one person still concentrating mainly on the Android/iOS port and the 2.4 patch (while the rest of them focus on their new project), then that's probably as much as we can reasonably ask. As the new project matures and some of the other staff finish their parts in that, then they'll (hopefully!) have more time to lend a hand with the port and patch.

So yes, unfortunately, I reckon we're pretty unlikely to see either the port or the next patch completed until "after we finish this other thing", as @Doubledimas says.
  • HudzyHudzy Member Posts: 300
    I still struggle to imagine mobile versions being even remotely profitable myself. I'd love to see sales figures across the platforms.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    GallowglassbleusteelMacHurto