Skip to content

BG2EE Steam Crash

So I just reinstalled BG2EE to play through it again, been a couple years since my last playthrough. There are a bunch of errors that happen though.

I'm able to get up to picking the rule set to use for the game, but when I click to start the game I get a crash dump. (3 included that happened while trying to fix myself)

The mouse doesn't show on the menu (I have used every combinations within the options - graphics menu to try and resolve this, no change).

When I'm going through importing/creating a character, when I get to picking the appearance there is no model displayed. I can move my color choices anywhere but nothing shows up or changes in the preview box. It just stays as a blank black square.

Windows 7 Professional - 64bit
Intel i5-2500k CPU
Radeon HD 7850 (Most recent drivers installed)
8 gig Ram

No Mods, base steam install of BG2EE v2.3.67.3

First time posting/using this forum so apologies if this isn't the proper area.

Comments

• Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,870
    Hi
    Could you attach output from a directx diagnostic please.

Windows/R -> type dxdiag and click ok -> let it run -> save all information
    Then drop the resulting file into the leave a comment box, or use the attach image/file icon above the box.

Thanks
  • TheNerdlingTheNerdling Member Posts: 3
    There you go. Thanks for taking the time to help a gamer get his BG fix ^_^
  • Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,870
    Could you try installing directx 9.0c alongside directx 11.

If that doesn't help, a manual search for your OS and graphics card indicated Crimson Edition 16.11.4 Hotfix released November 2016 is available. The directx report indicates your driver is from September 2016 so that is reasonably close. Presumably you either have auto-update enabled in the ATI software, or could use the autodetect download at http://support.amd.com/en-us/download
  • TheNerdlingTheNerdling Member Posts: 3
    I'm not sure which of those steps worked, but after I installed those it's working perfectly! Thanks so much for your help
    Gate70