Skip to content

Where to find Garrick?

I've turned down Garrick after killing Silke but have now changed my mind and would like him to join the group. He's disappeared from outside the Red Sheaf. I'm sure that in the original version of Baldur's Gate, he would disappear but then reappear outside the Red Sheaf a day or so later and hang around until you decide to recruit him but that doesn't appear to be happening in Enhanced Edition.

Anyone know if he will turn up sooner or later, or does he reappear in a different location in EE?

Comments

• elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    As far as I know he just disappears.
    jackjackJuliusBorisovThacoBell
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    I never saw him reappear in the original game or tutu, either. If you decline his initial offer he is just gone.
    elminsterjackjackJuliusBorisovGallowglass
  • PingwinPingwin Member Posts: 262
    Interesting. He definitely comes back in the original game. Quite what the circumstances that triggered his reappearance are I don't know but he definitely has been right outside the door of the Red Sheaf (sometimes blocking it competely) sometime after Silke gets killed and he is told he is not wanted. If you talk to him again you get the same dialogue options as when you talk to him just after killing Silke.

I'll forget about him for now and recruit someone else in his place.
    JuliusBorisov
  • OriensOriens Member Posts: 28
    When Garrick will come to his senses and will ask to join your party if you speak with him. If you turn him down, he will depart and further recruitment becomes impossible, so if there's a chance you'll desire his company in the future, merely don't initiate dialogue until the time is right, as he will remain standing outside the Red Sheaf Inn seemingly indefinitely.

http://baldursgate.wikia.com/wiki/The_Silke_Dilemma
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Sadly all the original characters disappear forever if you turn them down the first time.
    tl1942
  • recklessheartrecklessheart Member Posts: 692
    He's gone his own way; trying to make it as one, ineffective little guy in the world. If I were to guess, you'll find him in Baldur's Gate, drowning face first in gutter-water, bleeding from every orifice, don't ye know?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited November 2016
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356
    I don't remember Garrick ever re-appearing after rejection in pre-EE, but it's been so long that I'm not entirely confident of my recollections of pre-EE.

Certainly in EE, you get only one shot at recruiting him, else he's gone. (Well, not totally gone, since you can meet him again in both SoD and SoA, but he's not recruitable.)
    ThacoBell
  • OriensOriens Member Posts: 28
    edited August 2018
    I had exactly the same problem, but I have decided it
    Post edited by Oriens on