Skip to content

Q: A Good Way to Scout Areas

2»

Comments

• JumboWheat01JumboWheat01 Member Posts: 1,028
    Riiiiiiiiiiiight, there's a manual. I don't think I've looked at it once, I've gotten used to playing games with absolutely no manuals these days that I never bothered looking for one...
  • GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356

But according to the Manual: "Open Lock is also used to disarm traps that the Thief has detected, making this an invaluable skill for any party." (p. 41)

Well spotted! For the avoidance of doubt, however, what @JuliusBorisov is asking you to report in the troubleshooting section is that the Manual is wrong about this. It is the Find Traps skill which is also used to disarm traps.
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Man, I miss manuals.
  • GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356
    ThacoBell said:

Man, I miss manuals.

So get better Thac0, @ThacoBell! Manuals are a stationary target and don't (usually) fight back, so they really shouldn't be hard to hit :grin:.
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    I'm actually surprised nobody mentioned Farsight. Some might consider it thrash, but it does it's job, specially when you have SCS and if you send your Thief to scout he gets killed in a round.
  • PokotaPokota Member Posts: 858
    Oh yeah. Clairvoyance is a good one for overland areas (doesn't work indoors or underground, but still useful if you're putting off the overland stuff until you've gotten a few levels.)