Skip to content

Problem!!!

Hallo i am new and from Germany and i have a problem that i dont understand :D i got a fight in "Valley of the Shadows" against Mytos the Guardian. He speak a spell on my Klerik and she take 50 Elektrik DMG and die but not only she is completely gone... i play with only 5 Heroes she is not available. Her Dead Body is still there and Resurrection does not work. So what i have to do now?

thanks a lot and sorry for my bad Englisch :P

Psychokrieg out.

Comments

• BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    edited December 2016
    Is she an elf? If so, she can't be raised with the regular Raise Dead spell; it has to be the more expensive Resurrection spell a little further down the healing list in the Kuldahar temple.

EDIT: Oh wait, do you mean her portrait isn't there any more on your interface? That means she took so much damage she got "chunked", and she is gone forever. You'll either have to keep playing with a five member party or reload to before she got disintegrated.
    JuliusBorisovKilivitz
  • PsychokriegPsychokrieg Member Posts: 3
    Oh ok thx. I have to play with five members left... why there is no way to bring back this member? When this happens 2 times you are FU**T up :D but what ever 5 or 6 i will get the Endboss :P
  • BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    You can get rid of the possibility of permanent death by either turning down the difficulty slider to "normal" or lower, or by unchecking the "gore" box in options. Or you could just reload the game to an earlier save if someone gets chunked. "Save early, save often, and in different places."
    JuliusBorisovThacoBell
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    Or you can create another folder in your Documents\Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition folder, name it "mpsave", then move your save to that folder, then run IWDEE, choose Multiplayer and load your save. In the MP lobby you will be able to create a new character as your 6th party member. After that you can save the game. Then you can move your save back to the "save" folder, and continue playing in a singleplayer.
    [Deleted User]
  • CalmarCalmar Member Posts: 688
    There is also an option to create new party members in-game, in the Party Formation screen (beneath the spellbooks).

[At least there was in vanilla; haven't checked since...]
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    @Calmar This is one feature from the original game that we could not port to the new engine, without risking serious code breakage.

https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/36243/where-is-the-modify-party-button
    https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/36377/how-do-a-add-a-new-party-member-mid-game
    Calmar
  • SirBatinceSirBatince Member Posts: 882
    I never understood why static charge is so deadly in the first place