Skip to content

Running the game on v1.0

Hey guys, I'm hoping someone here more tech savvy than I can make this work. I'm taking up the speed run of BG2:EE and a lot of the fun glitches and stuff that makes the run feasible for things like charity marathons got fixed by the time 1.13 was released.

I've managed to go back as far as 1.13 on steam, but I can't figure out a way to go any further back and there are still a couple things I'd like to work with that were fixed by then. Does anyone know of a way I can get the game running on 1.0 at this point?

Comments

• ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Not unless someone has 1.0 backed up somewhere.
  • KowalKowal Member Posts: 2
    ThacoBell said:

Not unless someone has 1.0 backed up somewhere.

That's exactly my hope!
  • argent77argent77 Member Posts: 3,431
    Afaik, BG2EE was initially released as v1.2.2030. It's BG1EE which still might be available at lower patch versions. But I don't think you can legally acquire the download version of the game in such early state anymore. There may be disc-versions of BG1EE at patch v1.0 still on sale somewhere though.
    Goturaldunbar
  • dunbardunbar Member Posts: 1,603
    edited December 2016
    I've just had a quick look on ebay (UK) and there are loads of versions of BG (incl. EEs) for sale going right back to the original 5 disc big box set. If you can identify v1.0 by the packaging or the date it was published you might find one there.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    edited December 2016
    argent77 said:

Afaik, BG2EE was initially released as v1.2.2030. It's BG1EE which still might be available at lower patch versions. But I don't think you can legally acquire the download version of the game in such early state anymore. There may be disc-versions of BG1EE at patch v1.0 still on sale somewhere though.

@argent77 is almost right. The game was released as a 1.2 version (because it was based on improvements on the BGEE engine), but the 1.2.2030 was a patch released (Nov, 21, 2013) after the BG2EE initial release (Nov, 15, 2013). You could easily see that in the BG2EE launcher, which includes a history of patching. The initial version of BG2EE was 1.2.0000 - link.
    argent77Kowal