Skip to content

A vial of viel extract, what's it good for?

We killed the slime in the Baldur's Gate sewers and Xzar takes a piece of the slime. It appears in his inventory with the name "a vial of vile extract". Anyone know what's it good for?

Comments

•  TheArtisan TheArtisan Member Posts: 3,277
    I don't play with Xzar but I recognize that as a BG1NPC item. IIRC you should talk to one of the prostitutes in the Undercellar. It... might have some nasty results so better save just in case though.

I only know this from scouring dialog files so I'm not sure what exactly happens.
  • HaranHaran Member Posts: 66
    Yes, I have that mod installed
  • Papa_LouPapa_Lou Member Posts: 263
    @Artemius_I is right. It's a special encounter between Xzar and one of the prostitutes in the undercellar. If I remember correctly, she approaches you and Xzar sort... takes control of the situation. Hold on to it for that funny little scene, but if you're not interested in that, the item is pretty much useless.
    Been in every corner of the undercellar. Nothing...
  •  TheArtisan TheArtisan Member Posts: 3,277
    Talk to 'Zizi the Lovebundle' or whatever she's called... maybe there's something wrong with my game but there's four of her for me, one in the end of each corridor.
    I would have noticed if there was someone by that name
    Checked again. Nothing.
  • Papa_LouPapa_Lou Member Posts: 263
    I could be wrong, but perhaps it happens when you go to kill Slythe and Krystin? Rather than just casually visiting the Undercellar. No idea if this is true or not, but just a thought.
    Papa_Lou said:

I could be wrong, but perhaps it happens when you go to kill Slythe and Krystin? Rather than just casually visiting the Undercellar. No idea if this is true or not, but just a thought.

You were correct.
  • thamiarthamiar Member Posts: 5
    I have got Xzar and Monty in my team, Xzar has got extract from slime king in sewers. I obtained information from Tamoko that Slythe is in the undercellar but there is no sign of Zizi and when I enter the center of the location Slythe starts the conversation. What is wrong?
  • thamiarthamiar Member Posts: 5
    No one can help me with my problem? I have no idea why the Zizi does not appear. My Xzar has got vial of viel extract, I did not killed Slythe, so everything should be ok. My version of instaled mod is 23.3
  • Very_BigSwordVery_BigSword Member Posts: 222
    If you are playing patched Baldurs Gate EE 2.5, v23.3 of NPC project will have compatibility issues. This could be the cause of your glitch. You will be lucky to complete your current game save. I suggest just push on to complete your current game and install v24 of NPC project for your next game.

If that is not your issue then I cannot help. But you could try posting this in the thread for NPC project in the BG:EE mods forum.
  • alboyalboy Member Posts: 59
    edited September 2019
    Where dose one find v24 of NPC project, I can only find v23.3?