Skip to content

Viconia movement bug from raasaad quest on iOS iPad Air using bg2ee 1.3

It's an old version of the game. But it's the most recent one in the App Store (I would play sod and 2.3 if I could) playing my evil party after purchasing dork, and going through the game content I missed the first time I replayed through.

Anyways, viconia is bugging out and not moving. It's from the raasaad quest, where I faked being pro twin sisters cult, the viconia asked me what is this rubbish, and I told it's all a game. She does the thing where she doesn't move. I noticed this bug in the archives but failed to make a reply because I need my game fixed.

Can someone a) help me fix my save b) show me how to open cluaconsole and what to do so I can fix my own save c) show me how to update my 1.3 bg2ee to 2.3 need help please!

Oh and I can't submit a bug report, zen desk tells me they can't authorize my account.... (that's a bug too)

Hum, can someone help me upload my save for fixing? I don't own a pc or macbook, just my tablet.

Comments

• GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356
    Yes, I remember there was a bug something like this. It got fixed in v2.0+. IIRC, the problem is that Viconia is repeatedly trying to speak, but the talk doesn't trigger correctly, so a workaround may be to force-talk to her when she fails to move.

Sorry, the only way to update to 2.3 is to install the game on a platform for which 2.3 is available. It isn't yet available for Android or iOS devices, unfortunately, because they encountered some unexpected technical difficulties. It remains Beamdog's stated intention to make it work on Android and iOS, and that'll be the key objective for the 2.4 patch, which should finally enable tablet/phone users to catch up with the current version. (Yes, Beamdog do realise that the current version-lag is very unsatisfactory, and they're visibly embarrassed about it.)

Yes, there's also a known bug with zendesk login, but apparently that's a zendesk issue, not a Beamdog issue.
  • RockstarCowboyRockstarCowboy Member Posts: 9
    I tried force talking. She just goes through her selection remarks and doesn't open up for dialogue. I also tried removing her from party and having her rejoin in the graveyard district. Issue continues. I might load up an older save, and try and play out the conversation differently (but that does spoil a lot of fun playing it as I originally did!).

Is there anyway to access cluaconsole on iPad? Cause I have a keyboard.
  • GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356
    Sorry, @RockstarCowboy, I can't think of anything else to suggest.

Also, I'm not on iPad and have no idea whether attaching a keyboard might enable console access.

I hope someone else might be able to help you. Perhaps @Gate70 might know what you should do.
  • Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,871
    Hi
    Console and editing saves are not options for iOS. I would revert to an earlier save and temporarily remove Viconia. Without trying it, I'm not sure whether she'd need to be removed on another map, or being out of party would suffice so there may be a bit of trial and error required.
  • RockstarCowboyRockstarCowboy Member Posts: 9
    Gate70 said:

Hi
    Console and editing saves are not options for iOS. I would revert to an earlier save and temporarily remove Viconia. Without trying it, I'm not sure whether she'd need to be removed on another map, or being out of party would suffice so there may be a bit of trial and error required.

Thanks @Gate70

You're correct in your hypothesis, viconia had to be sent back to Amn. When I had her wait in the area her buggy dialogue queued up right when she rejoined. So I sent her to amn and finished the quest, then had her rejoin when I returned to amn. Problem solved. Thank you for the help!