Skip to content

What is your favorite mods to add realism to the game?

JimstromJimstrom Member Posts: 99
I'm thinking of reinstalling and try a fantasy realism run, and i wonder what mods do you think are essential for a fun realsitic run of Baldur's Gate?

Mods i plan to use:

Sword Coast Stratagems
Full Plate and Packing Steel
Hard Times (Don't know if it is EE compatible though)
BG Tweaks

Comments

• KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    I don't believe there were any mods that could be considered "fantasy realism friendly". Given that neither the official AD&D rule sets, nor difficulty enhancing mods such as SCS were build with realism in mind.

When I think of realism in fantasy games, I think of mods that change the behaviour AI of animals to be more like their IRL counterparts. Or something which implements hunger, thirst, hyperthermia or hypothermia to Baldur's Gate. Or at least an sleep/exhaustion overhaul. The modding communities afaik never worked on such things for any IE title.

Closest things would be mods that make characters more believeable on a interhuman level.
    Basically things like:
    • NPC Kitpack
    • BG1 NPC Project
    • Crossmod Banter Pack
    • Minor NPC Portraits for BGEE
    • BGEENPC Tweaks for BGEE / SOD / BG2EE / EET
    • Portraits Portraits Everywhere (for BG1EE, SOD, BG2EE, IWDEE, EET)
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • JimstromJimstrom Member Posts: 99
    I'm not too found of custom kits, since i've still have not tried out all the existing once, things i'm looking for is armor and weapon revisions, AI changes, monster tweaks, etc. etc.
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    Wait—HardTimes isn't EE compatible? Wow. I thought it was. This makes me want to adapt it myself... lmao.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Mantis37Mantis37 Member Posts: 1,174
    I have had some software installed on my brain which makes me no reload these days, it may add stress and reduce the lifespan of the system though...