Skip to content

Themed characters and parties.

Remember this?

https://web.archive.org/web/20090602225546/http://www.planetbaldursgate.com/allclasses/files.html

found this while i was checking out some old bookmarks.

i really like this idea, with a themed character a themed party and a chosen item.

Now would be a perfect time to update this concept for the whole saga.

With good rp:ing and suitable theme for all classes i think this would be really fun.

Comments

• "Undead Hunter Good Guys The Undead Slayer leads his party of Lawful Good against Evil and her minions."

This is almost exactly the group I always play! My CHARNAME is a female undead hunter, with mostly lawful good party members. In the game I'm playing now, I have Anomen and Jan and Korgan, so I'm obviously not playing an all LG party, but when I used to create all my own characters, they were all LG. I also have Mazzy and Minsc, who are LG.

It's fun to have a group that might bicker with each other, and at least all these guys can get along (so far) without trying to kill each other.

And as long as LG CHARNAME is in charge of these people, they will pretty much stick to LG actions, by following their leader.

• GallengerGallenger Member Posts: 400
    It's a little harder to do in BG2 because you don't have the sheer number of NPCs you have in BG1. You can still rock that all mage party though :D
  • JimstromJimstrom Member Posts: 99
    Well there is nothing that says it have to be a full party.
  • OrlonKronsteenOrlonKronsteen Member Posts: 905
    An interesting way to add flavour to the game. And perhaps another weapon in the war against restartitis.

And as long as LG CHARNAME is in charge of these people, they will pretty much stick to LG actions, by following their leader.

At a certain point, Korgan might get a little grumpy. :)

• Yeah, he may split on me. He's the only evil member of my party, but since he has the hots for Mazzy, maybe he'll stick around.
  • ButtercheeseButtercheese Member Posts: 3,766
    I did an all-shorties run once, though I had to use two NPC mods for BG2 (Breagar and Nephele) and had to shadowkeeper Quayle to a full mage in BG1 to make it work.
  • UnderstandMouseMagicUnderstandMouseMagic Member Posts: 2,147
    Thanks for the link, some interesting ideas.

The "four stoogies" is the best though.
    I wonder if anybody managed it?
    Well it would be a real challenge atleast, probably very frustrating though.
  • Thanks for the link, some interesting ideas.

The "four stoogies" is the best though.
    I wonder if anybody managed it?

The Stooges? I assume they would all be Monks, masters of the mystic art of the Eye-Poke, Face-Smack, Hammer-Smash, and the Rotating Fist Skullcrusher.

Or I could totally see Curly playing Minsc. "Run Boo Run! Whoop whoop whoop whoop!"

According to the instructions they are Larry a fighter with 9 strength and 18 intelligence, Moe a cleric with 9 Wisdom, Shemp a mage with 9 intelligence and Curly a thief with 9 dexterity.