Skip to content

Doing all ch2 quest in ch2

Is it possible to delay ch3 before you finish all ch2 quest?

Comments

• mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    And if you have a mage in your party he/she will probably have much better spells than Imoen.
    OrlonKronsteenCrevsDaakGallowglassJuliusBorisov
  • GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356
    If you intend to recruit Imoen when you rescue her, then it's better to leave a lot of quests until your return to Athkatla in Chapter 6, so that Imoen can share in the xp. Otherwise her level will lag well behind the rest of your party, which would obviously limit her utility.

However, if you aren't intending to recruit Imoen, then it's fine to do most (or even all) of the available quests in Chapter 2.
    JuliusBorisovmlnevese
  • NoonNoon Member Posts: 202
    @Cvijeta If you meant chap3 to chap4, see the previous comments.

And if you really meant chap2 to chap3, you enter Chap3 only if you pay one of the 2 contacts (Gaelan or Valen), so you can wait forever if you want.
    But no quest or character or timer will break if you pass from chap2 to chap3.

mlneveseThacoBell
  • profanitywarningprofanitywarning Member Posts: 294
    If you want to do all chapter 2 quests in chapter 2, make sure you do absolutely everything there is to do in the graveyard district before you have 15,000 gp.
    mlneveseThacoBellrosetyler
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Or you limit all your graveyard visits to daytime. Though would make one minor quest unfinishable temporarily.
    tbone1
    In which case one would not do all chapter 2 quests in chapter 2 ;-)
    Skatan
  • CvijetaCvijeta Member Posts: 417

If you want to do all chapter 2 quests in chapter 2, make sure you do absolutely everything there is to do in the graveyard district before you have 15,000 gp.

That is indeed possible. I done all graveyard quest before I reached the limit, but ch3 only start when you accept an offer, not when you refuse a certain offer, I believe.
    Do you mean you can still refuse even if you visit the graveyard with more than 15,000 gp in your pockets?
    Yes, and i won't trigger a ch3, as I recall.
    Ok, my bad then.
  • UnderstandMouseMagicUnderstandMouseMagic Member Posts: 2,147
    It doesn't trigger Chap 3 if you refuse. But it does mean that if you meet any vampires, they attack.

That can be a PITA because of level drain even if you are strong enough to defeat them. Emerging from a quest at night or changing areas on the way to rest/sell stuff can catch you out.
  • DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300
    For a very long time I had done all ch2 quests, so by that time my party is usually around levels 15-17 , and Imoen at level 13.

Does it make her less useful? Not really. She won't the magical powerhouse of the party, but she works great as a backup mage, who casts spells that are always useful such as breach, summonings, lower resistance , haste...
    Also, even though she ain't a powerful mage she can buff herself up with improved haste+stoneskin+fireshields+tenser transformation and be a tremendous damage dealer/tank.

Finally, considering that she is only 2 levels behind (in a 6 people party), she'll get to level 18 by the time your main spellcaster is level 20. Small difference, I'd say.

Nowadays I play BG2 with a mod that decreases quest xp, which means that my party usually gets to spellhold at around level 13, which makes Imoen quite close to us xp-wise
    Shikao
    edited April 2017
    OK, I got fighter stronghold, done druid, thief and bard strongold quests, I'm left with mage, ranger, paladin and cleric stronghold quests, recruited Mazzy and Viconia (now I got six person party)
    But I'm done almost all petty quest (Limited wish quest, fallen paladins, etc...), except free the Irenicus dryads...

I feel like I want to move on ch3, but I also want to do all quest in ch2.

Party: Mazzy, Viconia, Jaheira, Aerie and Nalia and my charname fighter/thief
    Looks like you won't be recruiting Imoen then. I'd vote for doing all the chapter 2 quests first. Maybe leave some of the more powerful enemies for chapter six if they give you too much trouble.
    Would helping Irenicus dryads in ch6 be possible?
    sure, no problem.