Skip to content

Wild Mage Additions

2»

Comments

• agb1agb1 Member Posts: 249
    Yes, it's fine to install that mod manually after BWS. The changes it makes are quite limited in scope.

Most problems arise when you manually UNinstall or REinstall a mod that isn't at the very end of the installation (bottom of weidu.log), because the modding software (WeiDU) tries to uninstall every other mod that was installed after your target mod and then reinstall everything again, and that process rarely goes smoothly.

I see "Wild Mage Additions" in BWS when I look at the mod list. It is in the Rules and Tweaks category.
  • Max_WangMax_Wang Member Posts: 53
    it is not in mine. i downloaded it from the thread https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/34882/list-of-bg2ee-compatible-mods#latest where the big world project is in the first post
    i just did some digging and when i go ino options administration manage mods i found the wild mage addon how do i add it to the big list?
    edited December 2016
    That is the correct (latest) version download link for BWS. There was a problem with the BWS internal configuration for BG2EE. I've fixed it now. Just restart BWS using the "with updates" variant. If you're curious about how I fixed it, look here. Info about the format of those internal configuration files can be found in the faq.html in BWS' Docs folder.
    I did it manually thank you for taking the time to show me what you did, that was fun. i'm glad you not only helped to fix the problem you gave a great template on how you did it... carry on with being excellent.
    Thanks for reporting the problem. It's a shame this mod wasn't visible for BG2EE!

im getting this after the edit to the files
    uhoh.png 115.1K
    when i tried to update the origional files with the" Start BiG World Setup - Update If Needed" nothing changed
    You may have made a mistake in your manual edits. Have you tried restarting BWS using the "with updates" auto-update script?
    Hm. I can't reproduce that error. I tried downloading a fresh copy of BWS just to check. Perhaps the auto-update is not working perfectly. Try downloading a fresh copy of BWS and see if that works for you?
    a new download and reinstall did the trick the wild mage addon was right where it should be, thank you.
  • Magus_BGforgeMagus_BGforge Member Posts: 25

New Wild Mage Additions release is available.

Nothing fancy, just some fixes:
    • Fix for PI not showing component names properly.
    • Fix Random Missiles being possible to interrupt after been cast (some other spells too).
    Also, started Portuguese translation.

Download | Forum | Discord | Translate
  • YoshYosh Member Posts: 16
    Hey there :) A big-big thank you to everyone that helped converting this mod to EE (and of course thank you to the original mod creator). So far the new spells seem to work fine for me (and I'm really enjoying them), but I'm having trouble with the 'Shape Spell' ability of the spellshaper kit. Whenever I try to use this ability the game crashes after finishing the casting animation. At first I suspected that it might have something to do with other mods I'm running (like SCS or SpellRev) but I just tried it on a fresh install ('Wild Mage Additions' being the only mod present here), and it still crashes to desktop after finishing the casting animation of 'Shape Spell'. Has anyone else had this issue and if so did you find a solution to it?
  • stkrautstkraut Member Posts: 10
    I just tried to install the latest version of the mod V2.2 on a blank SOD.

I got a failure because of a missing file (see attatched "setup-wildmage.txt"); correction this there are still several other compiler failures "cannot convert XX to an integer".

I used the latest weidu compiler 2.49. Any idea what the problem is?
  • stkrautstkraut Member Posts: 10
    The missing file is:
    §ERROR: Sys_error("WILDMAGE/lib/bgforge/main.tpa: No such file or directory")§