Skip to content

[SoD] Suddenly unable to load any of my saves without immediate crash

TriaxxTriaxx Member Posts: 56
Title says it all. I've tried restarting my PC but that didn't fix anything. It was all working fine up until the area right before Boreskyr Bridge or whatever. I was just about to move to that area and I saved and quit, came back and now not a single one of any of my saves will load. They were loading perfectly fine, and then I manual save and reload from that save a minute later and now every single save I have causes a crash upon load. Given the time span between "everything working fine" and "every single save is corrupted" was about a minute or so, I can't point the finger at any mod I downloaded or settings I manipulated given none of that occurred in the short timespan I mentioned.

Comments

• DoubledimasDoubledimas Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,286
    Could you upload a save that crashes when you load it?
  • TriaxxTriaxx Member Posts: 56
    edited December 2016
    How do I do so? It only posts the portraits.
  • Sylvus_MoonbowSylvus_Moonbow Member Posts: 1,085
    Just click the browse button and navigate to your archived save game, select it and it will be added as a file attachment.
    "file is not allowed"
    Don't know what to tell you. I have no problem attaching an archived file.
    edited December 2016
    I tried zipping it and it seems to let me post it now
    Crashes for me too.
    Triaxx
    Wow, this is getting weirder and weirder. Does this one also crash for you? I know this one worked at one point, since it was the first save I made during the prologue.
    The second attachment save game does not crash for me.
    Triaxx
    Thanks for the help thus far. I'm not sure what it is exactly that caused this problem but it seems like my saves aren't universally corrupted. No idea why you can load some and I cannot load any.
  • Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,870
    Both saves work fine for me, albeit without a portrait for the protagonist. What happens if you rename your override folder temporarily (i.e. on an unmodded game).
    Same problem, game crashed when I load those saves. I can load save's that I made back during the prologue, so I'm trying to start over, but I'm worried I'll have the same thing happen.