Skip to content

Your ideal weapons to dual wield?

13»

Comments

• ahhyepahhyep Member Posts: 114
    Best DMG is a F/M/T with Foebane in the mainhand, Scarlet Ninja To in the offhand, using helm with permanent bless and righteous magic charge, and the SOD belt apparently imports into bg2ee that gives 10% slashing damage, who has self buffed improved haste and has activated critical strike.

That is ideal and only happens for 1 minute (1 round) per day.

25 Str is more important than any weapon, so much so that even if you had 23 str you would still want to weild Crom. You should be aiming for as many APR as possible with IH. I don't really like using things that only last 1 turn (helm) or 1 round (gww).

Basically, you have to mainhand Crom Faeyr if you can't get your STR to 25. Clerics/Paladins can through rightous magic/duhm and Thieves can by UAI the rightous magic charge helmet. Any other class will need to use Crom mainhand. I would still recommend Crom for mainhand for any non-cleric as rightous magic is so short (only 1 minute real world time per rested day). Considerations below are for solo but work for groups too. The best "lazy man" damage per round is a FMT with Crom Faeyr, Scarlet Ninja-To offhand, Helmet

A F/M/T can have 10apr with Scarlet-Ninja To in the offhand. Recommended setup is Crom mainhand, scarlet ninja to offhand. When you want to do "AS MUCH AS THEORETICALLY POSSIBLE" you can put on the belt and helmet and use foebane for a minute every rested day and then switch back.

A Berserker-> Cleric can have 9apr with Defender of Easthaven in the offhand. Mainhand either Runehammer +5, Club of Detonation, etc. Choose carefully though as you can only choose 1 mainhand for 5 pip grandmastery.

A F/C can have 8apr with defender of easthaven in the offhand. Same rules for mainhand apply.

A F/M will want to use Crom/Belm and will only have 8apr.

A paladin will want to go either the dualweild build like the clerics at 8apr (WHY) or use my personal favorite (for flavor) Carsomyr +6 for 6apr.

Or you can be a super gay slowmotion tank and just play 5apr with flail of ages +5 and either defender in offhand or shield depending on fight.

I think that's all 100% accurate but if someone wants to check my math out, they can.
  • WarChiefZekeWarChiefZeke Member Posts: 2,651
    My ideal dual wield weapons really depend on the class.

For Barbarians and Cleric types, I really like the Flail of Ages and Defender of Easthaven. Stacking damage reduction like that means you can basically tank anything and everything solo like a baws and it's easy to get to 25 STR with a barbarian as is, plus the elemental damage is a good way to disrupt casters immune to your physical attacks by whatever spell. A versatile setup.