Skip to content

Weapon Style Proficiency says "Invalid: 16777215"

EinhardtEinhardt Member Posts: 53
The last line of my Weapon Style Proficiency says "Invalid: 16777215". This happened since I imported my save from Siege of Dragonspear. (But it didn't happen when I imported from BGEE to SoD, perhaps because I load the Final Save instead of using Import?)
I've googled and found this: http://support.baldursgate.com/issues/23249
It says 100% done which means the bug has been fixed? But I play BG2EE 2.3.67.3 (GOG) and still get this bug.
When I opened my save in EEKeeper and saved without modifying anything the string was gone, but it returned during sometime in the Underdark.

Comments

• Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,871
    Could you zip and attach an affected save please
    Thanks
  • EinhardtEinhardt Member Posts: 53
    Here are the 2 affected saves. The first one is when I first imported my save and the second one is after I realized it returned in the Underdark.
  • Sylvus_MoonbowSylvus_Moonbow Member Posts: 1,085
    I downloaded and loaded up both save games. Neither of them show an Invalid: 16777215 for Weapon Style Profs.

In the Underdark save -

Long Sword +
    Scimitar / Wakizashi / Ninjato +++++
    Dagger +
    Quarterstaff +

Fighting Styles

Single-Weapon Style ++
    +

In the Chapter 1 Start save -

Dagger +
    Quarterstaff +

Fighting Styles
    +

The only odd thing that does stand out, is the floating + under Fighting Styles for both saves.

But nothing before or after the floating +.
    Seems strange. Perhaps because I play on GOG Linux version?
  • Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,871
    I get the invalid 16777215 on Linux.

Editing your save to remove incorrect weapon proficiency (Chaotic Commands for save 26, Defensive Harmony for save 7) appears to resolve the issue.

I'm not sure what would cause those cleric spells to be assigned as weapons proficiencies for a Kensai Mage. Have you edited the character/save, or used any mods.
    I didn't use any mods and I only edited the save after imported to get rid of the invalid 16777215 (just loaded it in EEKeeper and re-saved). I still wonder what would cause the game to assign cleric spells to weapon proficiency but I believe it happened during the SoD → BG2EE import. Perhaps importing a dual-classed who still has his first class inactive did it?