Skip to content

BG2EE: Nalia Stronghold Offer Bug

Hey, just downloaded off Steam the other day, delighted to be back into my favorite game of all time. I'm starting back in with a Fighter/Mage using the Bladesinger kit, and I've just encountered a nasty bug at the conclusion of the De'Arnise Keep quest--when Nalia makes her offer to make me Lord of the Keep, the dialogue is abruptly cut off from continuing with an all-caps reply: "NO VALID REPLIES OR LINKS", and while the game is able to continue, it does not appear to recognize that I'm getting the stronghold. Is this a known bug--perhaps an interaction between the NPC Stronghold mod and the De'Arnise Romance mod both providing ways to experience the Fighter Stronghold content without necessarily being a Fighter oneself?

I know load order is usually helpful information to provide; I used BiG World to mod up--is there a way to make that display the mod-list/load order to post here?

Comments

• And, of course, while I want to fix the underlying causes of the bug, I'll settle short term for how I can use the console or EEKeeper to set the variables to get the Stronghold rolling along properly.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited December 2016
    Try these console codes

C:SetGlobal("PlayerHasStronghold","GLOBAL",1)
    C:SetGlobal("PCKeepOwner","GLOBAL",1)
  • kimmuryielkimmuryiel Member Posts: 89
    elminster wrote: »
    Try these console codes

C:SetGlobal("PlayerHasStronghold","GLOBAL",1)
    C:SetGlobal("PCKeepOwner","GLOBAL",1)

that didn't work for me...I am getting this issue probably from the multi-stronghold component of G3's tweaks mod
  • AlterparAlterpar Member Posts: 6
    I had this same problem. Posting here for future wanderers. After muddling around for hours in NearInfinity with NALIA.DLG vs NALIAJ.DLG without success (I don't know how to use it), I managed to figure out an in-game workaround. If you reform party and remove Nalia before defeating Torgal, she will return to the palisade. Defeat Torgal as normal, and when you return you can choose Jaheria, Anomen, etc. to take over the keep instead.