lolienlolien Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,108

BG1

Quest-------------------Timer----------Condition

Npc:
Coran------------------ ?10 days------- kill wyvern in the wyvern cave
Kivan (joined in Chapter 1)- 20 days--------Trigger Chapter 4
Kivan (joined in Chapter 2)- 14 days
Kivan (joined in Chapter 3)- 3 days
Kagain ----------------- ? days--------- Travel to the map south from Friendly Arms Inn
Minsc, Edwin------------ ?10 days------- talking to Dyanaheir first time
Safana------------------?10 days------- open the container in the golem cave
Khalid/Jaheira----------- 10 days?--------talk to Berrun Ghastkill?
Xzar/Montaron---------- 10 days?--------talk to Berrun Ghastkill?
Eldoth------------------24 hours------- (after entering BG NW) meet with Sky

other:
Lothander and Marek-----10 days---------talk with Marek on Blushing Mermaid second floor
Tremain's Son
returning from Balduran island

BG2

Quest-------------------Timer----Condition

Npc:

Anomen is Summoned Home
Cernd is a Father!
Edwin and the Nether Scroll
Jaheira Gets Cursed
Jan Jansen Returns Home
Keldorn Returns Home
Korgan and the Book of Kaza
Mazzy's Sister is Poisoned
Nalia
Valygar

other:

Drow city:
meet Soulafein----------12 hours----meet Soulafein :)
rescue Phaere-----------3 days?
meet Phaere (entrance)---48 hours----meet Phaere :o
Quilue's brain-----------?
Beholder killing--------- ?
meet Phaere (tavern)----- 3 days
Svirfneblin patrol-------- ?
meet Phaere (FF's society)-1 hour
kill Soulafein------------?
meet with the Matron M.--?
Fetch noble blood------- ?
Deirax's Tower----------?
Ghaunadaur Cult-------- ?
meet Phaere (FF's society)-1 hour
Eggs everywhere!--------?
City escape-------------?

Paladin Stronghold
Ranger Stronghold
Bodhi

Harper house (if you've got Jaheira in the group)
Nalia's funeral
Post edited by lolien on
AerakarRaduzieldeltagoJuliusBorisovMoradinkcwisebob_vengJustLeft

Comments

• lolienlolien Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,108
    The above list is highly uncomplete at this time, but i'm sure that together we can fill the holes.
    JuliusBorisov
  • islandkingislandking Member Posts: 426
    Eldoth, after entering Baldur's Gate NW with him, one day(24hr), meeting Skie.
    lolien
  • BillyYankBillyYank Member Posts: 2,768
    Pretty sure Coran's quest requires you to kill a certain wyvern in the cave.
    lolien
  • AstafasAstafas Member Posts: 448
    edited January 2017
    BillyYank said:

I think it actually is to put a wyvern head (any will do, IIRC) in your inventory. I'm sure I once had a random wyvern encounter between Cloakwood areas, and Coran was satisfied with that.
    lolien
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited January 2017
    Astafas said:

BillyYank said:

I think it actually is to put a wyvern head (any will do, IIRC) in your inventory. I'm sure I once had a random wyvern encounter between Cloakwood areas, and Coran was satisfied with that.
    It was changed in patch 2.0 (to address a bug with his quest). You now need to have killed a specific wyvern in the cave.
    lolienAstafasJuliusBorisov
  • lolienlolien Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,108
    And what happens, if you recruit him after you cleared the wyvern cave? (And if you delivered the head at the Beregost temple?)
  • islandkingislandking Member Posts: 426
    I think that will mark his quest finished upon joining like Kivan's revenge?
    lolien
  • Toot83Toot83 Member Posts: 20
    Is Kivan's timer for joining in chapter 3 known fact, or just a result from empiric test? I recruited him in ch3 and it took at least 5 (propably more) days before he even told me to hurry up. I never entered the High Hedge area before ch3, wonder if that affects the timer.
    lolien
  • JCDentonJCDenton Member Posts: 24
    The BG2 walkthrough on Sorcerer's Place has pretty reliable quest timers for most of the NPC quests.
    lolien
  • majbermajber Member Posts: 53
    Nice list, I hope it gets updated more.
    lolien
  • ChroniclerChronicler Member Posts: 1,391
    Last I heard for Coran it's not just killing the Wyvern. You have to bring the skull to his patron.

It was bugged in the originals, so you couldn't complete his quest. After you'd kill the wyvern he'd complain forever but never leave, too bugged to let you finish the quest, too bugged to ditch you for not finishing the quest. The Enhanced Editions apparently took care of that though.
    lolien
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,262
    You know... I could easily look all of this up in NI and get 100% accurate timers... I just don't have that kind of time to devote to this...

Perhaps I could look up a timer each day and report it here. I dunno...
    edited January 2019
    Upon meeting Keldorn for the first time in the sewers under the temple district a 50 day timer is set (whether he joins the group or not). At the end of the timer, and based on current reputation, Keldorn will either banter with Charname about conquering thier evil blood, or decide it is his duty to kill Charname. They will come to blows if reputation is 8 or less and the banter will happen if reputation is 15 or more.

I just realized that isn't really a quest, so it kinda doesn't help with this project. I will get an actual quest next time...
    Post edited by Tresset on
    lolienChronicler
    Ok, For real now: After reporting to Kaishas Gan that you have killed Karoug You have 25 days before your party members (excluding Charname) turn into hostile Greater Werewolves. When Mendas's human form dies (most likely this will happen when he turns into a Loup Garou) the transformation is cancelled.
    ChroniclersemiticgoddessThacoBelllolien