Skip to content

Notable shops outside of Ribald's establishment.

I'm just curious if anyone found things really worth buying.

In the slums bar I know there's a sword of roses which is a nice collectable and relatively useful early item, and in Maevar's Guildhall there's a cool Nymph's cloak to consider buying.

Any other suggestions?
CrevsDaak

Comments

• CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    You can buy Limited Cheese from a merchant in Waukeen's, uhm, besides that, you can get some good stuff from Merchants in the Underdark, but nothing else worth mentioning afair.
  • argent77argent77 Member Posts: 3,431
    Yeah, the Drow merchants in Ust Natha have some interesting stuff. There are also a blacksmith and a noble merchant in Trademeet selling a couple of nice items. But afaik you have to finish a quest or two before they will open their stores. There is also Joluv in the Copper Coronet with overpriced weapons, and of course Sister Garlena at Watcher's Keep. You can also find some good stuff from merchants or smugglers in ToB.
    ThacoBellGallowglassKuronaCrevsDaak
  • qwerty123456qwerty123456 Member Posts: 67
    I think there are some good (not great) items in Renal's guild shop, but I might be mistaken, and that was some mod.
  • marzbarzmarzbarz Member Posts: 187
    All notable ones are mentioned here. There are some useful items upstairs of Galen's house and in the sewers. Just useful potions and wands and junk that you most likely have if you dont use those types of items much. One merchant on the road in ToB and watchers hold/keep have very nice items.
  • ArunsunArunsun Member Posts: 1,592
    In Tradesmeet (after dealing with the Daos), there's a unnamed merchant that will sell very nice items, most notably belt of innertial barrier and cloak of displacement.
    Besides that, the shop on top of the WK has very good items
  • Grond0Grond0 Member Posts: 7,305
    edited December 2016
    The potion stores in the Temple sewers, Bridge District and Druid Grove all provide quality drinks (well it is Christmas after all :p).
    CrevsDaakloliensarevok57
  • Yulaw9460Yulaw9460 Member Posts: 634
    edited November 2018
    Deleted.
    Post edited by Yulaw9460 on
    CrevsDaaksarevok57
  • marzbarzmarzbarz Member Posts: 187
    IF you dont want to spend time doing the quests just go kill the Djinn inside the tent and walk outside. The vendors will be there. The djinn that disappears will most likely insta kill or stone to life someone after turning invis if your not fast enough killing killing the main one.
  • Grond0Grond0 Member Posts: 7,305
    marzbarz said:

IF you dont want to spend time doing the quests just go kill the Djinn inside the tent and walk outside. The vendors will be there. The djinn that disappears will most likely insta kill or stone to life someone after turning invis if your not fast enough killing killing the main one.

Leaving a summons inside the tent while you kill the genie outside is a good precaution is you don't want to bother using protection from petrification and your saving throw is not too good.

Killing the genies will open up some of the shops (at least if your charisma is good), but not the one in the tent near the genies. In addition to some potentially useful spells he has a Necklace of Missiles which can be useful if you don't have a mage.
    CrevsDaakmarzbarz
  • dunbardunbar Member Posts: 1,603
    The black market merchants/thieves that only appear at night have some useful spells - one at the southern end of the Bridge district and one at the back of the roof area above the Copper Coronet.
    lolien
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited December 2016
    Grond0 said:

The potion stores in the Temple sewers, Bridge District and Druid Grove all provide quality drinks (well it is Christmas after all :p).

There is a potion store in the druid grove?

Edit: The Rakshasa...right.
    lolien
  • SirBatinceSirBatince Member Posts: 882
    the random thieves scattered around athkatla at night can have some surprises

improved haste scroll at the Bridge for instance
    lolien
  • lroumenlroumen Member Posts: 2,508
    Try the temples themselves. Always good to have restoration scrolls and girdles of bluntness. The temple of talos/helm/lathander even have more goodies (wands. Staff spears and cleric staves i believe )
    tbone1lolien
  • ArthasArthas Member Posts: 1,091
    elminster said:

Grond0 said:

was he trolling?
  • sersafirsersafir Member Posts: 126
    Arthas said:

elminster said:

Grond0 said:

was he trolling?
    ???

Have you never done the "kill rakshaka" quest for trademeet?
  • lroumenlroumen Member Posts: 2,508
    Probably the other way around. If you always get the quest, by the time you talk to the lady she will know you have visited the genies and will close shop (without you ever realising there was a shop there).
    Kuronalolien
  • KuronaKurona Member Posts: 881
    Yep and if you kill them before the gong quest given by the Limited Wish genie you'll have to backtrack in order to get that Wand of Frost... unless you just want to kill everything.
  • DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300
    edited January 2017
    Yulaw9460 said:

Well, as stated above, the shops in Ust Natha are definitely worth mentioning. The Firetooth Dagger has a set place as a throwing weapon in any skilled hand all the way to the final battle in ToB.

Just be absolutely sure to pick it up before you finish the whole "thing" with the Dragon Eggs etc. You won't be able to return for them when you're done helping Adalon.

I sometimes forget that there's a lot of nice stuff in the underdark rather poor and get to chapter 4 having to decide whether to buy cool stuff or spells
    :(
    Gallowglass
  • UnderstandMouseMagicUnderstandMouseMagic Member Posts: 2,147
    Scroll of Lower Magic Resistance.

From the merchant you have to rescue from thieves at the Gates (does that happen only at night?).

It's very useful on the way to D'Arniss Keep for Torgal and just to get it so early.
    Gallowglassredlinelolien
  • profanitywarningprofanitywarning Member Posts: 294
    What? When does that happen?
    Oh wait... the merchant that gets threatened, right?
    Gallowglasslolien
  • GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356

From the merchant you have to rescue from thieves at the Gates (does that happen only at night?)

Yes, I think you're right, night only.
  • UnderstandMouseMagicUnderstandMouseMagic Member Posts: 2,147

What? When does that happen?
    Oh wait... the merchant that gets threatened, right?

Yes, that's the one and if you mistime it, it is night only @Gallowglass, and miss him, after some time he doesn't ever show up I think.

He also has Breach plus other useful stuff.

So two of my go to spells can be got very early.
  • redlineredline Member Posts: 296

Scroll of Lower Magic Resistance.

From the merchant you have to rescue from thieves at the Gates (does that happen only at night?).

It's very useful on the way to D'Arniss Keep for Torgal and just to get it so early.

He's one of the only early sources of Contingency scrolls, as well.
  • OlvynChuruOlvynChuru Member Posts: 3,075
    The Temple of Sekolah store (accessed through a nameless priestess at the northwest of the sahuagin city) is notable not because it has anything special but because you can sell things there for a higher price than you can in most stores in Shadows of Amn. It's the earliest store I know of in Shadows of Amn that you can sell things to for a higher price than normal (the only other one I know of is Ribald's secret store of special goods).