Skip to content

Introduction and a thank you to Beamdog for reviving these classics

SunderSunder Member Posts: 56
So I have followed these forums off & on since the EE's were introduced and I eventually downloaded BG & IWD to my Ipad. I started playing AD&D back in the mid 80s at the age of 11-12 thanks to my brother and many RPGS via commodore 64 (Bard's tale series, Ultima's, Gold Boxes, ect). I was in college when the IE games launched and other than a couple years of Utilma Online (99-2001), I didn't play many PC games. I vaguely remember BG and going almost straight to the mines (could swear i used a created 6 person party) and dying constantly and gave up pretty quick as I didn't have time for it. NWN2 & a persistant world got me hooked for a while, but life kept me busy and outside that and some strategy games (total wars, War of the Ring, ect) I didn't game much til the EEs were announced. I finally bought the BGs for PC thru GOG.com this spring and have played entirely too much with too many restarts. Finally got an Archer to actual Baldur's Gate a month or so ago & still haven't taken a character past chapter 2 in BG2EE.....although I have done most content to that point in different runs. I have been spoiled a bit & avoided that with a play through of SoD and so glad I did so.

Too many posters' to thank for so much insight/help from reading/searching posts. Have downloaded a couple mods (EE Keeper, NPC Banters) and finally decided to concentrate on finishing both BGs before installing new mods. Just wanted to say hello and thanks to this great community and look forward to many more fun adventures!

edit- spelling, still atrocious I'm sure

Comments

• GrumGrum Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,100
    Welcome to being a posting member of these forums. And I second your sentiments
  • SkatanSkatan Member, Moderator Posts: 5,352
    Welcome!
  • kcwisekcwise Member Posts: 2,287
    I third the welcome! I believe it is traditional to offer a cookie at this point, so :cookie: here you go.
  • lolienlolien Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,108
    edited January 2017
    I fourth the welcome. Sorry to say that @kcwise , but offering a cookie is only traditional by @Nimran .
  • NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,875
    *ahem* OH YEEEEAAAAAAAH!!! It's :cookie: time!