Skip to content

Romance questions.

ShandooShandoo Member Posts: 51
Hello

I wonder what determinates dialogue trigger, after how much time next dialogue will trigger and -most important for me- what happens when i have more then one romance able npc.

For example: I have Jaheira in my party (from the begining) and i am after about 2 or 3 romance dialogues with her.
Recently i joined Viconia (she is the NPC with i want to romance, not Jaheira) and im waiting for a talk with her. Few days have passed, and she is still quiet (no conversations at all), but i had another (4th) talk with Jaheira. It confuses me a bit...

As i remember the romance mechanics, when we have 2 romance able npcs, at some point, in the first parts of the game there should trigger a quarrel conversation beetwen those npcs, where we need to choose the npc with wich we want to romance. Am i right? When should this happen ?
Post edited by Shandoo on

Comments

• sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    first of all, viconia will not romance an elf, I believe she will only romance a human, so if you're not a human, then no dice,

next I believe for romance conversations to trigger you have to wait 30 in game minutes for them to trigger while others are triggered from resting and from entering certain areas

and yes, if you have multiple romanceable characters there will come a time where you will have to choose between them ( in the original SoA you could actually get passed that conversation by having one of your romanceable characters far away from you at that time - because romance banter was based on how close they were to your main character in terms of game distance- so then you could skip that banter that made you choose and then happily romance 2 characters at once without a fuss)
  • fatnlazyfatnlazy Member Posts: 24
    So long since I played unmodded, but Viconia takes a little longer to start up IINM. Her and Jaheira will have about 3 heated discussions with you involved before you have to choose. It may be rep related as well, not sure.
  • ShandooShandoo Member Posts: 51
    edited January 2017
    sarevok57 said:

first of all, viconia will not romance an elf, I believe she will only romance a human, so if you're not a human, then no dice,

Protagonist is an half-elf, im almost sure she romance with half-elfs
    sarevok57 said:

and yes, if you have multiple romanceable characters there will come a time where you will have to choose between them ( in the original SoA you could actually get passed that conversation by having one of your romanceable characters far away from you at that time - because romance banter was based on how close they were to your main character in terms of game distance- so then you could skip that banter that made you choose and then happily romance 2 characters at once without a fuss)

About the SoA passed conversation: i gues g3 tweak pack component i have avoids this kind of situation (More Interjections). I want to avoid cheating like 2 romance at once.
    Is it possible that the choose-conversation will apear even when Viconia will say nothing before? I mean, can the romance with Viconia start with the choose-conversation? I remember only one of mine playthroughts when i had 2 romance able npcs (Aerie and Jaheria)in my team. As i remember, i was talking with both of them separately for quite a long time, and then the choose-conversation apeared.

edited January 2017
    fatnlazy said:

So long since I played unmodded, but Viconia takes a little longer to start up IINM. Her and Jaheira will have about 3 heated discussions with you involved before you have to choose. It may be rep related as well, not sure.

Do you mean that there will be 3 discussion beetween Viconia and Jaheria? (including the protagonist )
    In Jaheria romance im beetwen the: "It has been some time since i have been this far south" conversation (3rd i belevie) and "I think i still have a stitch in my leg from lying in that cold cell we were in" (4th conversation i think)

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    @Shandoo You can get answers on these questions and understand how romances work from checking BG2: SoA Romancing Guide by Extremist and BG2: ToB (Male PC) Romances Guide by Felinoid available at http://www.sorcerers.net/Games/BG2/index_tips.php.
  • ButtercheeseButtercheese Member Posts: 3,766
    sarevok57 said:

The racial restrictions for her romance are human, half-elf and half-orc.

sarevok57 said:

yeah, I looked it up and found that out haha, its been soooo long since I've done the BG romances
    edited January 2017

sarevok57 said:

It seems that it can take some time to start romance with Viconia. Jaheira and Aerie start to talk with the protagonist pretty fast. The only thing Viconia did so far was laughing at Jaheira parents.
    @Shandoo Yes, your character also has to be male, even though it is strongly implied that she is at the very least bi-curious.
    edited January 2017
    @Buttercheese
    Protagonist is a chaotic neutral half-elf male (wild mage). Perfect match for Viconia imo :)
    I was just suprised that i already had 4 or 5 talks with Jaheira, but Viconia stays quiet (i mean she talks with other npcs only). I started to wonder why
    what is your charisma?
  • megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666
    you get the ring of influnce early on so charisma is never an issue.

you get the ring of influnce early on so charisma is never an issue.

that is IF you wear it,

I remember way back in the day having a romance with jaheira and when it gets to the part where you are with some goons in the woods, if you don't sacrifice yourself to save her, the romance is over, and co-incedently you can only do it if your charisma isn't complete garbage, like mine was at the time

edited January 2017
    I am like dead-sure that your protagonist's charisma plays no role what so ever when it comes to romances.
    edited January 2017
    sarevok57 said:

what is your charisma?

10, i dont have the ring yet (i've just skiped the circus for now, i will come back there ofc.)
    But seriously, charisma does matter?
    edited January 2017
    Troodon80 said:

@Shandoo not for romances.

Yea i meant romances. I know prices of items and reaction depends on charisma (and reputation for the last one), but mostly it's a rubbish stat.
    Oh well, i gues i will wait for Viconia to talk with me, continue the romance with Jaheira (until i will finally dump her) and i will see what happens.
    edited February 2017
    It takes about 1 hour real time between dialoque banters.