Skip to content

No game sound - affects all Beamdog titles (Steam, Beamdog Client, ...)

JonnecyJonnecy Member Posts: 56
After finally having managed to get the games to actually launch, which had required me to download some OpenAL32.dll file from an external site (since the links provided here on the forums didn't work...), I now have them running without any game sound whatsoever. Windows does not even show any game related icons in the volume mixer. this is the case with all IE Beamdog titles that I have installed: BGEE, BGIIEE, Icewinde Dale EE. I have tried installing them via Steam, via the Beamdog client, and installing them directly from the executable provided here on the site.
So, what can I do to fix this ? And no, reinstalling the games is not going to fix it...
All my drivers are up to date, I have verified that using Driver Booster and other similar tools...

Win7 64bit
i7 4790k
r9 295x2

Comments

• Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    edited January 2017
    Jonnecy said:

which had required me to download some OpenAL32.dll file from an external site

Do you know where you downloaded it from (the exact URL)?
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    Try to install/reinstall OpenAL

Steam/SteamApps/common/Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition/_CommonRedist/OpenAL/ - the same for other games
  • JonnecyJonnecy Member Posts: 56

Try to install/reinstall OpenAL

Steam/SteamApps/common/Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition/_CommonRedist/OpenAL/ - the same for other games

didn't do anything ;(
    Troodon80 said:

Jonnecy said:

which had required me to download some OpenAL32.dll file from an external site

Do you know where you downloaded it from (the exact URL)?
    uhm, no. I have like 5 or more different of these .dll files in my downloads folder...one of them eventually worked.
    weird.
  • Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    edited January 2017
    @Jonnecy,

The place to get it (assuming you don't have it (the openal installation) on Steam) should have been either here or from the troubleshooting guide here. Reinstall and then restart your PC just to be on the safe side. Then try launching one of the games.

If reinstalling that doesn't work, we'll move onto the next step.
    JuliusBorisov
    well, it is working now. I guess I will just leave it as its then...
    Troodon80