Righto, so here is a list of things I'd like to be done with the portraits in the games:
1. Include all player character portraits from throughout the series in SoD
. As of now SoD appears to be missing most of the BG2 portraits.
2. Give us back the old inteface for choosing portraits in character creation.
I wanna be able to pick a seperate large and small portrait for my protagonist, because the cropping is different. I also have countless
custom portraits saved and digging through all of these every time is exhausting (Yes, I do have a seperate folder currently. No, I don't want to keep using it.)
3. Well, this is apparently a known bug, but the portraits made by Kieran Yanner should finally be included into SoD and BG2:EE
4. I am not entirely sure about this one, but I am guessing that the EEs use the large versions of the character portraits in dialogues? Just ignore the following if I am wrong :V So I would like to request larger portraits for the non-joinable NPCs in BG2 and ToB
. I know there are larger versions of the artworks used for Amelyssan and Bodhi available (they are just cropped from these two
artworks), so they should be easily replaceable. I mean, if time and money allow it I'd of course love to see the other small portraits redrawn in better quality (especially Melissan and Sendai, these two just look really weird).
5. Re-include the beta portraits as options in character creation.
I know there are a bunch of beta portraits for some of the companions (Edwin, Yoshimo, Glint) floating around that didn't make the cut, I feel it would be a waste to see them unused, so just add them to the protagonist portrait roster.
I don't know how realistic my requests are but aside from the second one that should be doable, I think. Pretty please?