Skip to content

Valygar isn't what you think he is.

Valygar's dead body weighs 70 "lbs" ~32kgs about the same as a 10 year old child. Now, considering his portrait, he doesn't look like a child. With those rugged Vin Diesel features and facial hair. We can assume that his isn't a 10 year old.

Therefore, Valygar is either a very short/thin human, with his magic bloodline giving him some juicy stats and a rather concerning familial, genetic, disease that he is the last surviving* member of. Or Valygar is a *very* lean Elf. These are the only logical solutions.

tl:dr You cannot wear Corthala family armour because it's designed for a short+sickly human or a thin elf. Magic huh?

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    Valygar is a gnome illusionist...
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    Well if you kill him with fire, some parts of his body may be incinerated or evaporated. Or with horrid wilting, a dessicated corpse is surely lighter. Even if you hack him with a sword, chances are some disembowlment or chopped parts occur. Ehh, it is a stretch. And a morbid thought.
  • DetectiveMittensDetectiveMittens Member Posts: 235
    The icon clearly has heads, shoulders, knees and presumably, toes.
  • Lord_TansheronLord_Tansheron Member Posts: 4,211
    Are you sure it isn't just metaphorical knees and toes? I always found that song to have a very strong metaphysical subtext.
  • SunderSunder Member Posts: 56
    edited February 2017
    Well, there is a certain amount of conjecture one needs to be willing to make in order for CRPG mechanics to make any sense in terms of being realistic. I don't think the game designers truly meant for the body/70lbs of Valygar to actually represent of one of the party members carrying him around in a pack on their shoulders.

I tend to think of it as the party made some sort of litter and the 70 lbs. represents the weight/drag of lugging him all over Amn in that manner rather than actually carrying him. His corpse would still be a burden, but as a deer hunter, I know that dragging a lifeless body is far less burdensome than actually attempting to carry it. I think it makes since if viewed in that light, dragging a body over even smooth terrain would be a sizable/tiresome burden and still needs to be represented in some way though and this is an easy compromise rather than developing some obscure mechanic for something that means or adds very little to the actual game or story.
    Post edited by Sunder on
  • rapsam2003rapsam2003 Member Posts: 1,636
    From a gameplay perspective, what does carrying around a 150 pound body actually add? Nothing. All it means is, you now are hauling (instead of dragging) the entire body. Of course, it just becomes an annoyance. The original devs were nice enough to make his body weigh less. /shrug
  • SunderSunder Member Posts: 56
    CrevsDaak said:

Nimran said:

What can change the nature of a corpse?

Embalming Fluid?
    Fire, acid, decomposition, are a few off the top of my head. Quite a few things one could employ to lighten the load I suspect.
  • rapsam2003rapsam2003 Member Posts: 1,636
    Sunder said:

CrevsDaak said:

Nimran said:

Embalming Fluid?
    Fire, acid, decomposition, are a few off the top of my head. Quite a few things one could employ to lighten the load I suspect.
    My favorite is hacking off the limb for ease of carrying...

Oops, did I say that out loud?
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    CrevsDaak said:

Nimran said:

Embalming Fluid?
    That's either the right answer to the wrong question. Or the wrong answer to the right question.

What can *preserve* the nature of a corpse? Embalming Fluid (!)

What can change the nature of a corpse? *Ei-Vene* (!)

There you have it. One cannot join the Dustmen without knowing at least this much.
  • JoenSoJoenSo Member Posts: 910
    With all the acid, fire, horrid wiltings and sharp objects flying around in BG I wonder if it would be cool or just plain horrifying with the kind of graphic death animations that the first Fallout games had.
    I think that the greatest change such graphic deaths would make is that this forum would probably be R rated :)
    You mean it isn't okay to discuss here what I usually do to Anomen after he offends me by opening his mouth?
    @Lord_Tansheron If you can do that following PG 13 guidelines, be my guest...
    mlnevese said:

@Lord_Tansheron If you can do that following PG 13 guidelines, be my guest...

I really don't see how that would be possible :(
  • SkaroseSkarose Member Posts: 247
    The game assumes you have already trimmed the head and appendages so what is left is easier to carry ;)
  • spacejawsspacejaws Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 389

The icon clearly has heads, shoulders, knees and presumably, toes.

You ever seen The Empire Strikes Back?

Remember the Tauntaun scene?

That'll shave a few pounds.