Skip to content

What EE Game are you Playing?

SkaroseSkarose Member Posts: 247
I'm curious after all these years have passed, what are forumites playing(or planning to play real soon)

I'd be interested in knowing what draws your motivation to play your current run. Why did you choose the current game to the exclusion of the others?

Plus details about your game, class/kit, party composition alignment etc...
  1. What EE Game are you Playing?45 votes
    1. Baldur's Gate (The Original for Old Schoolers!)
        8.89%
    2. Heart of Winter ( Who needs NPCs to interact with when there are hordes of undead to fight?)
        2.22%
    3. Icewind Dale ( The Original design your own party!)
        8.89%
    4. Shadows of Amn ( Gimme Dragons, Gimme Demons and Gimme Vampires!)
      17.78%
    5. Siege of Dragonspear ( Lemme March Northward for more XP and a helluva bossfight!)
        6.67%
    6. Throne of Bhaal ( Gimme HLAs cause I'm a Demi-God!)
        0.00%
    7. Series Run (My Maincharacter's Tale is too awesome for one game!)
      44.44%
    8. None, I'm played out, but oh the memories...
      11.11%
[Deleted User]CrevsDaakArctodus

Comments

• Papa_LouPapa_Lou Member Posts: 263
    Having my first go at a shaman, actually. I often start characters with the intentions of bringing them all the way through to ToB, but restartitis gets the best of me..

I'm really enjoying this character so far though, so here's to my third complete series run.
    Skarosesarevok57
  • SkaroseSkarose Member Posts: 247
    edited February 2017
    I found an image online by the artist Eve Ventrue. I thought it was so cool looking that I wanted to make up a character based on the image.

*Art by Eve Ventrue

I figure the guy looks pretty handsome (18 Charisma) Dressed in all black with a Katana on his back (Looks like an evil kensai). So I created Ravnhardt (93(18/98)), lawful evil, because I imagine him as a sympathetic evil character. He is all about personal honor. He loved Gorion and love Imoen like a sister but is single-minded driven to vengeance and has no mercy for any who gets in his way. I took him through Baldur's Gate and am now in Siege of Dragonspear. I dual classed Ravnhardt to Mage, because he's all about gaining more power, just recently capped out and is a beast, doing bad Kensage things to the denizens of the Sword Coast!

My party in BG was Baeloth, Viconia, Shar-teel. My current party is Baeloth, Dorn, Safana, Viconia, Neera although to be fair they aren't doing much but following Ravnhardt and carrying his stuff.
    sarevok57Aerakar
  • former_customerformer_customer Member Posts: 111
    IWD.

I'm still in the party-planning stage, and I don't know if I'll ever scrape the time together to actually play, with my schedule as it is.

I'm really less interested in the game play than the the music and atmosphere in the game though. I love the way it feels to play IWD.
    Skarosesarevok57
  • winterswinters Member Posts: 252
    Pity that there's no multiple choices option. I am playing BG series run solo and IWD in multiplayer mode atm.
    Skarosesarevok57Aerakar
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Skarosesarevok57CrevsDaakAerakar
  • megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666
    i recently just did my cg female elf run that romanced xan.
    Skarosesarevok57
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    I can never settle on just one. Lately I've been using EEkeeper to do fun things with classes/races.
    Running a lawful good Stalker/Cleric, kinda like a holy warrior that roots out evil or unnatural creatures. Rather than worshiping a god, ascribes to the force of good in general and any deities that want to grant spells and abilites do so. He is a homebrew Elf/Orc (Erc?).
    Skarosesarevok57
  • PaulGreystokePaulGreystoke Member Posts: 63
    I am playing Icewind Dale for the first time. I miss the BG series NPCs, but I do enjoy running an optimized full party. I don't know how much replay value IWD will have, but this first run through is a lot of fun! I'm disappointed that there are no Steam Achievements for the game though. :(

I'll probably finish my Halfling Swashbuckler's run through Siege of Dragonspear after this. I still have a few achievements on SOD to complete. ;)
    Skarosesarevok57
  • ArctodusArctodus Member Posts: 992
    I'm trying to go through the Trilogy with an unkitted fighter solo... with SCS, Ascension and LOB... I really wonder if it's even possible, but I'm gonna try...
    SkaroseThacoBellsarevok57Aerakar
  • OlvynChuruOlvynChuru Member Posts: 3,075
    I've been almost entirely playing Baldur's Gate 1, because I'm working on a big mod for that game and I need to test it.

An anecdote:

My evil party barged into Algernon's room. Montaron the Fighter/Assassin snuck around, poised to steal Algernon's cloak. But then Algernon turned into his true form, revealing himself to be a doppelganger. Still wearing his cloak, he charmed Edwin and was going to attack Xzar, but Montaron backstabbed the doppelganger using his flaming sword, doing almost 90 damage. The doppelganger died and the protagonist put on the cloak. Montaron then proceeded to pick the lock on Algernon's dresser and open it. But then...

"Someone spotted you! You hear the guards being summoned!"

Darn it, Edwin. Well, at least the doppelganger won't be there to ambush the party when they fight Tranzig.
    Skarosesarevok57Aerakar
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    I haven't been playing these games for around a month or two, I think im at the stage where im just played out, although im thinking about an IWD/HOW run, I have heavily modded my IWD game ( of my own design) , and have done some modding to my HOW game, so maybe I will go back and retweek a couple of things in IWD and finish off my modding of HOW
    CrevsDaakSkarose
  • AyeotieeAyeotiee Member Posts: 34
    Currently playing IWD:EE.
    Skarosesarevok57Arctodus
  • DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300
    I'm currently playing BGEE+SoD with a human Blade , and I intend to go through the whole saga with him.
    sarevok57SkaroseArctodus
  • lroumenlroumen Member Posts: 2,508
    I play all of them all at the same time. But if course some are slower than others. Currently bg gets preference. And my bg2 protagonist is restarting a few times when I find out my modded kit is suffering from bugs.
    Skarosesarevok57Aerakar
  • winterswinters Member Posts: 252
    I just realised that playing Shadows of Amn after SoD will be very difficult for me, bordering on impossible. There are too many loose ends, context missing, discrepancies... eh.
    Skarosesarevok57
  • ifupaulineifupauline Member Posts: 405
    i promise i will finish sod one day
    Skarosesarevok57CrevsDaakBelgarathMTH
  • KurumiKurumi Member Posts: 520
    Just returned after another looong break from the IE games & started a new Sorceress (+3 custom companions) for a run through the whole BGEE-series (haven't played SoD so far, so am really curious about it *^_^*). I was also thinking about a new IWDEE run, but haven't decided yet, if I should wait for the next update..
    sarevok57SkaroseCrevsDaakBelgarathMTH
  • GenderNihilismGirdleGenderNihilismGirdle Member Posts: 1,353
    I would have answered "series run" not long ago but now I'm replaying a lot of SoD content just to see different party configurations
    SkaroseCrevsDaak