Skip to content

Does anyone feel like they are sometimes playing this old game?

Man, it get frustrating in these tight corridors getting your party in position to be effective. (Hate that animation where my toons look like they have a nervous tick.)

I often feel like I'm playing this old game.

Comments

• SirBatinceSirBatince Member Posts: 882
    Well you aren't forced to run 6.
  • BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    That's a clever comparison.

It gets a little frustrating sometimes when a character needs to retreat, or get out of the way. I often maneuver them around manually just like moving a little piece from this old style puzzle.

Also, thanks for the nostalgia. Kids from my generation (home computers weren't even a twinkle in Steve Jobs' eyes) could amuse ourselves with the simplest little things. I remember being able to entertain myself for an hour or more by picking up a stick off the ground and playing with it.
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Dude, don't knock sticks :)
  • rickcrrickcr Member Posts: 77

Well you aren't forced to run 6.

I'm actually running 4.. but one of them is a totemic druid with summons... that fat bear needs to get on a diet or suck in his gut
  • rickcrrickcr Member Posts: 77

That's a clever comparison.
    Kids from my generation (home computers weren't even a twinkle in Steve Jobs' eyes) could amuse ourselves with the simplest little things. I remember being able to entertain myself for an hour or more by picking up a stick off the ground and playing with it.

Yea, we have four foster kids now (all four to be adopted by us) and during the week we had to ban TV and video games. On weekends I have to limit it as well and the they'll say "I'm bored."
    I remember being able to make my own fun out of stupid stuff, like you said, maybe a couple sticks. (Of course when I got a Commodore 64, I gave up the playing with sticks :)

• OlvynChuruOlvynChuru Member Posts: 3,075
    The original non-enhanced Baldur's Gate could potentially get far more congested. If you ran a party of six high-level clerics, put Animate Dead in all their level three slots, and had them summon all the skeletons (there was no summon limit), the place could become impossible to move through (especially since in the original game the characters couldn't bump each other out of the way).
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.