Skip to content

Bodhi killed Jaheira.

I've since revived her, but she didn't come with any of the items she had on her when she died.

I don't remember seeing any items for her on the ground during the sequence when Bodhi took her either. Am I missing something? Did I just overlook a pile of stuff on the ground in the graveyard? If so, are these items gone forever?

Comments

• ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    They would have been on the ground where she was killed.
    JuliusBorisovCrevsDaak
  • Lezard_ValethLezard_Valeth Member Posts: 70
    ThacoBell said:

Wonderful, and I don't have a previous save.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    Make a list of the items she had, find cluaconsole codes for these items, then use the console to add them.
    QuartzCrevsDaak
  • QuartzQuartz Member Posts: 3,853
    @Lezard_Valeth The pile of stuff may still be there, it depends on if you've slept gratuitously since. I'm not sure of the exact details.
    ThacoBellCrevsDaak

ThacoBell said:

Not even an autosave?
  • Lezard_ValethLezard_Valeth Member Posts: 70
    ThacoBell said:

ThacoBell said:

Not even an autosave?
    Overwritten. It's not a big deal, though. She only had a few items of value. Jaheira is my most underperforming character and I was considering just getting rid of her anyways. Her romance makes me sick too.
    Flashburn
  • UnderstandMouseMagicUnderstandMouseMagic Member Posts: 2,147
    ThacoBell said:

No, that's not where equipment is dropped.
    It's when the "romance NPC" gets taken at the entrance to the graveyard, that's when their equipment is dropped.
    Believe me, I learnt that from bitter experience, never even thought to look. And the space there is so cramped.
    Kurona

ThacoBell said:

It's when the "romance NPC" gets taken at the entrance to the graveyard, that's when their equipment is dropped.
    Believe me, I learnt that from bitter experience, never even thought to look. And the space there is so cramped.
    Wait, was it just a character death, or the romance event?
  • KuronaKurona Member Posts: 881
    ThacoBell said:

ThacoBell said:

It's the exact moment Bodhi abducts the love interest and spawns a few vampires at you. The inventory drop happens in the graveyard via cutscene (CUT53C specifically) and the turned character you fight later in the crypts is equipped with undroppable vampire items instead.
  • ObsidianShadeObsidianShade Member Posts: 69
    @Lezard_Valeth I have to agree with you about Jaheira being an underperforming character with a sucky romance. In all but one game I left her in the dungeon cage, and in the one I didn't, she wasn't great asset, even compared to Viconia. Her Insect Swarm is good for disabling spellcasters, but otherwise..meh. Her voice is pretty grating and obnoxious too. Before BG II Neera, she was my most despised character. Neera was only saved from summary execution by leaving the party on her own, right before I got the chance to carry it out.
  • tbone1tbone1 Member Posts: 1,985

@Lezard_Valeth I have to agree with you about Jaheira being an underperforming character with a sucky romance. In all but one game I left her in the dungeon cage, and in the one I didn't, she wasn't great asset, even compared to Viconia. Her Insect Swarm is good for disabling spellcasters, but otherwise..meh. Her voice is pretty grating and obnoxious too. Before BG II Neera, she was my most despised character. Neera was only saved from summary execution by leaving the party on her own, right before I got the chance to carry it out.

I found her to be effective if not great. She's not a primary fighter, nor a primary divine caster; however, she's a good secondary for both. Also, there are a few good weapons in Trademeet. She's effective with darts; magic darts are common enough that they make a good weapon for her.

And I found her romance the best of the four original romances, but that's down to personal taste.
    Kurona said:

ThacoBell said:

ThacoBell said:

It's the exact moment Bodhi abducts the love interest and spawns a few vampires at you. The inventory drop happens in the graveyard via cutscene (CUT53C specifically) and the turned character you fight later in the crypts is equipped with undroppable vampire items instead.
    I mean the OP's question, I assumed it was a standard death.