Skip to content

Familiars, Animal Companions and Cohorts

seraglioseraglio Member Posts: 122
Basically I'm trying to figure out how you can make a creature follow your protagonist through "zones" (.are, whatever new areas are referred to in this game). I think I've tried all the different types in EA.IDS, setting them with opcode 72 never let the creature follow my team out of the area. I've seen a few mods, like more styles for mages and a few NPC mods with animal companions that can do this, so I'm pretty sure its possible, I just don't know how.

Comments

•  TheArtisan TheArtisan Member Posts: 3,277
    The 'Familiar' allegiance seems to be the only non-party member state that can allow creatures to follow the party through areas.
  • seraglioseraglio Member Posts: 122
    I take it that only applies via a script? Neither using opcode 72 on a cre or creating a copy of a creature with allegiance 3 and summoning it work for me.
  • BillyYankBillyYank Member Posts: 2,768
    I believe @argent77 did something like this in his Golem Construction mod. You might want to take a look at how he accomplished it.
  • chimericchimeric Member Posts: 1,163
    To the General Questions with you. Hop-hop.
  • argent77argent77 Member Posts: 3,433
    This sequence of script actions enables your creature to follow the party across maps:
    MakeGlobal() ChangeEnemyAlly(Myself, FAMILIAR) AddFamiliar()
    Executing them in the correct order is important. Wrap the commands into ActionOverride("CreatureName", ...) if you don't execute them in the creature's own script.
  • seraglioseraglio Member Posts: 122
    Returning to this and I dont remember how to execute this at the command line. Can someone just correct these lines:

C:ActionOverride("C2KIT",MakeGlobal())
    C:ActionOverride("C2KIT",ChangeEnemyAlly(Myself, FAMILIAR))
    C:ActionOverride("C2KIT",AddFamiliar())

c2kit is the creature I want to follow me through areas like a familiar