Skip to content

[BG:EE] Charan's Max Hit Points rolls for leveled companions ver 1.0

CharanCharan Member Posts: 118
edited July 2013 in General Modding
Charan's Max Hit Points rolls for leveled companions ver 1.0

1. Installation:
Simply put all .CRE files into your Baldur's Gate Enhanced edition override folder.

2. What does it do?
It sets hit points of companions to maximum rolls - when you encounter a recruitable companion - he/she will always have maximum possible Hit Points for current level.

3. Notes:
- Mod was prepared with Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition version 1.0.2014, but should be perfectly compatible later on.
- For this mod to work you need to have it installed before meeting given companion - or simply start new game.
- Mod is most likely not compatible with other mods that edit companions (such as no autolevel up for companions, or class kits for companions).
If system asks you to overwrite some fails when installing this mod it means you already have some files that edit your companions.
Post edited by Charan on

Comments

• woodywoody Member Posts: 6
    I dont know what i'm doing wrong with this :( I have BGEE Fix Pack for v2014 installed which works fine but i used the installer ( here's the thread http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/19929/bgee-fix-pack-for-v2014/p1) Borsook packed them into and it was easy.

I downloaded the file to my drive and then copied and pasted all the .CRE files into my BGEE override folder where the other files are from the previous fix pack but its not working for me.

I load up a game then travel to where Ajantis is (first time meeting him or traveling to that area) but when he joins he still has 20 hitpoint at 2nd level when it should now be 24.

Am i doing something wrong when putting the .CRE files into the override folder? :(
  • CamDawgCamDawg Member, Developer Posts: 3,438
    This functionality is available with BG2 Tweaks' Maximum HP Creatures (you can choose to apply this only to joinable NPCs).
    Thanks Cam, but that would mean attempting the weiDU workaround to make the mod compatible with BGEE wouldn't it?

I'm not confident i could manage it successfully when i'm having enough trouble with this mod which is on the compatible list for BGEE. I'm totally new to installing mods so i'm pretty sure i've made a mistake somewhere with this
  • CharanCharan Member Posts: 118
    edited July 2013
    woody said:

Thanks Cam, but that would mean attempting the weiDU workaround to make the mod compatible with BGEE wouldn't it?

I'm not confident i could manage it successfully when i'm having enough trouble with this mod which is on the compatible list for BGEE. I'm totally new to installing mods so i'm pretty sure i've made a mistake somewhere with this

Just checked Ajantis. My bad. I forgot to edit his first file. I just attached fixed version to the first post. He should have his max hp at lvl 2 now.

Brilliant! Its taken all night but i've finally got it to work!

I was still having problems wth it after you fixed the file using my saved game so i just tested it starting a new game from scratch and it's finally working. It looks like this doesn't actually work on your current game in progress even if you have yet to meet the npc...

Thanks Charan for sorting this out, if i find anymore incorrect HP values on my play through i'll let you know
    woody said:

Brilliant! Its taken all night but i've finally got it to work!

I was still having problems wth it after you fixed the file using my saved game so i just tested it starting a new game from scratch and it's finally working. It looks like this doesn't actually work on your current game in progress even if you have yet to meet the npc...

Thanks Charan for sorting this out, if i find anymore incorrect HP values on my play through i'll let you know

Yeah it's exactly as I wrote in the first post. If you meet him before, he's already set. HOWEVER there are some jump values - when they level. When you would meet ajantis later - he leveled up by himself to next .CRE stage = he would have max hp then.

Glad you got it to work and thanks for bug report. I'll revise the whole version after release of Harsh Faerun 1.3 (name will be changed), just to be sure it's all right now. :] Should be fine though.

Thanks again Charan for an excellent mod

I've probably misunderstood your OP as i thought it should have been able to work with a game in progress without having to restart a new game so long as you had yet to meet the npc which was the case with me

Just to clarify i had not yet met Ajantis at all or even visited his area in my save game i was trying this with and yet i couldn't get the mod to work even after you fixed the file, i'd re-installed it and then met him for the first time with that saved game. It was only on a fresh start i was able to get it to work. Hope that helps. Apologies if i did misunderstand!
    Hi Charan,

It looks like Coran level 5/5 is also incorrect. Should have 40 hit points and has 39 (Level 5 fighter/5 thief)
    Thanks. I'm working on an update for this mod in meanwhile working on Harsh Faerun. Kinda waiting for newest game patch though to make sure everything is compatible.
    No worries, just thought i'd let you know as i come across them
  • boudicaboudica Member Posts: 6
    Charan said:

1. Installation:
    Simply put all .CRE files into your Baldur's Gate Enhanced edition override folder.

Where is the Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition override file? I have the steam version. If I need to create this folder, where do I put it?

Thanks
    For the steam version you have to create it in baldur's gate main directory
  • firebead_elvenhairfirebead_elvenhair Member Posts: 3
    edited November 2014
    Hi, wonderful mod, but I think there is a problem. After i put in the mod files, Rasaad became a simple monk, while after the patch he should be a Sun Soul Monk...
  • MercilecMercilec Member Posts: 55
    does this mod give max hp on all my characters or just NPCs that can join my party? because i want to play with pre-generated party.
  • BillyYankBillyYank Member Posts: 2,768
    Mercilec said:

does this mod give max hp on all my characters or just NPCs that can join my party? because i want to play with pre-generated party.

You don't need a mod for that. There's a checkbox in gameplay options for max hit points.
  • MercilecMercilec Member Posts: 55
    @BillyYank
    1000 thx!