Skip to content

Romancing as a dwarf MID-GAME

Sensati0nSensati0n Member Posts: 6
Hello!
After several years i have picked up my top game again, certain in my self i created my charname and rolled the dice. Little did i know that dwarfs do not f***in romance in this game.
so i have done what research i can, and installed EEKeeper and tried first alot of things i would like, experienced som bugs, and uninstall-reinstall(BB2EE&EEKeeper), tried with just the romance option. I installed all of them.

Romance Cheats (Sabre, Richardson, Weimer)
BG2, BGT only
This component allows greater flexibility with the original BioWare romances. Please note that the multi-romance option may cause stuttering when used in conjunction with a third-party mod romance. The player can choose five parameters:

No gender requirements (i.e. Aerie romances females)
No racial requirements (i.e. Anomen will romance a half-orc)
Multiple romances
Nothing kills romance (requires multiple romances)
Start romances for new games in ToB

Then for good measure, i used(after editing baldur.ini):

CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("AerieRomance", "GLOBAL",1)

Getting error..
So guys, what am i doing wrong? I really love this game, but it will break my heart to have to start over with a new charname to get the romances.

Thanks!
Post edited by Sensati0n on

Comments

• AerakarAerakar Member Posts: 1,016
    I believe dwarves can romance the new EE NPCs in the vanilla game (Neera, Dorn, not sure about Rashaad) if that helps.

On the romance mod, which one did you use exactly? As I recall this mod is part of the CD Tweaks mod package from Gibberlings 3. It should be able to remove romance racial restrictions without any other tweaks being needed, e.g. cluaconsole, keeper.

Someone else will have to comment on the CLUA console command. I have never used that in romances or used EEkeeper to modify romances. For me CD Tweaks mod has been enough.
    ThacoBell
  • Sensati0nSensati0n Member Posts: 6
    Oh, i'm sorry. You are absolutely right, The Baldur's Gate II Tweak Pack should have been where i wrote EEKeeper. Had to use EEKeeper to change Aerie back from ogre :wink:

So "Tweak Pack" works on the romances even though i installed it mid-game?

Yeah, the CLUA console was just to confirm the romance mod.
  • AerakarAerakar Member Posts: 1,016
    I am unsure if the tweak pack romance mod will work if installed mid-game. Some mods do, some do not. The mod readme may help. But if you are having romance talks with one of the original NPCs as a dwarf, then it would seem it is working.

There are many romance guides out there that tell you the right conversational choices, what to expect, etc. to confirm the romance as working or in -progress. I'm sure you know you can kill the romance with the wrong conversation tree choices, whether dwarf or not, but I have never done the Aerie romance so cannot comment on that one. IIRC, the Aerie one is more forgiving than the original Viconia or Jahiera romances for a male protagonist.
    ThacoBell
    I have gone through the readme, and google, but do not seem to find any about it.
    I have not yet had any romance talks, that is what i'm trying to get CLUA to help me initiate.

I have tried:

Editing global values with EEKeeper;
    AERIEJOINEDPARTY 1
    AERIEMATCH 1
    AERIEROMANCE 1(This i have no clue what values to set)
    AERIEROMANCEACTIVE 1

Using CLUA to initiate romance;
    CluaConsole:SetGlobal("AerieRomance","GLOBAL","1")
    CluaConsole:SetGlobal("LoveTalk","LOCALS",1)

When using CLUA, i only get "to index global 'CluaConsole' (a nil value)

Feeling stupid here :cold_sweat:
    If anyone can help and take a look at my save game :blush:
  • Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,870
    edited February 2017
    Try truncating the console command @Sensati0n

C:SetGlobal("AerieRomance","GLOBAL","1")

I'll have a quick look at the save to remind myself of how romance / race works
    Sensati0nJuliusBorisov
    @Sensati0n travel to the Promenade then enter this command and you should be off
    C:SetGlobal("AerieRomance","GLOBAL",1)
    Sensati0nJuliusBorisov
    Thank you! C:SetGlobal("AerieRomance","GLOBAL","1") works without error, but still not initiating anything.
    I am hoping to get a understanding of how to get this working with Aerie, and then be able to do it with the others.

So thankfull for people willing to use their time to help others with something this "trivial" :)
    edited February 2017
    Yep, her lovetalk variable won't set until you visit the Promenade.
    It then sets the AerieRomance timer to some time in the future, setting that back to 1 starts the romance.

Alternately you could set her lovetalk variable using the command below, but your mouse will need to be over her character when setting a local. Hence why I suggested going to the Promenade then setting the timer back.

C:SetGlobal("LoveTalk","LOCALS",1)

Save attached, with romance ready to run
    Sensati0nJuliusBorisov
    edited February 2017
    So did the "The Baldur's Gate II Tweak Pack" help in this? If so, would i be right in expecting the other tweaks to work?

Romance Cheats (Sabre, Richardson, Weimer)
    BG2, BGT only
    This component allows greater flexibility with the original BioWare romances. Please note that the multi-romance option may cause stuttering when used in conjunction with a third-party mod romance. The player can choose five parameters:

No gender requirements (i.e. Aerie romances females)
    No racial requirements (i.e. Anomen will romance a half-orc)
    Multiple romances
    Nothing kills romance (requires multiple romances)
    Start romances for new games in ToB

Hoping for multiple romances B)
    Is there any specific place i need to be for romance with other npc's?

Thank you so much for your help!