Skip to content

Overwhelmed by mods....

MercilecMercilec Member Posts: 55
I feel like this title is the only thing i should write... but that would make me too lazy motherfucker (not that i am not...). So ill go into more detail regarding what kind of mods i want and where i can find ALL the existing mods for BG1EE and check them out. Also how to install them. How i know if mod X is compatible with mod Y.

1)I DONT care for more story! Character interactions, love affairs etc.

2)I am going to manage my party fully manually so i dont care for mods that provide auto part AI.

3)I would like better looking game (although this is very relevent).
I do like realistic look, i like colors! i like when the interface is distinguishable and easy to manage.

4)I love itemisation, so the more items the better. For example i would prefer to play this game like a H&S regarding itemisation, like, farming items for possible different builds? etc :)

5)More skills, more classes and classes' kits, more areas (good looking) are all welcome!

6)What else? dunno. Anything that makes the gameplay better i guess? Dunno guys.. You tell me what i miss that will enhance my experience (beside those i mentioned i dont care about ) :)

EDIT:
I checked all mods on this site -> http://www.shsforums.net/files/category/113-bgee-mods/ and i took note of some. Are there more mods to look into?

ALSO
I dont fully understand what this does: https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/44476/tool-big-world-setup-bws-mod-manager-for-baldurs-gate-enhanced-edition-trilogy-for-windows
Does it combine BG1EE and BG2EE into one game? cause.... BG2EE has even more mods... omg..
Post edited by Mercilec on

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Mercilec
  • Papa_LouPapa_Lou Member Posts: 263
    Mercilec said:

3)I would like better looking game (although this is very relevent).
    I do like realistic look, i like colors! i like when the interface is distinguishable and easy to manage.

I think you may be out of luck there, for the most part. There are no graphic mods that I know of available for BG, besides some mods that change the way menus and whatnot look. However, "Portraits Portraits Everywhere" gives a portrait to every single NPC in the vanilla game. In my opinion, it makes the game look much better.
    Mercilec
  • MercilecMercilec Member Posts: 55
    I tried BWS a couple of times but it always gets stuck at about 2/3 while installing SCS.
  • brunardobrunardo Member Posts: 526
    I heard BWS downloads fine with SCS unless youre adding a mod that is not compatible...about to go through this myself soon...
    weird... cause the last time i used BWS i wanted to test exactly this, so i used only the mods that cannot be unselected and SCS but it still got stuck there.
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    I've heard that SCS specifically had problems with BWS, I think someone posted a hotfix maybe in the SCS thread? Sorry, I'm kinda working off third hand info.
    MercilecCrevsDaak
    oh, thank you.