Skip to content

Which class would like to see in the no-reload thread?

BorcoBorco Member Posts: 325
While looking for character inspiration for the purposes of a no-reload playthrough, I decided to go ahead and ask for your two cents. I've filtered out classes/kits which I'm not interested in at the time, leaving these nine for choice (all of it single class).

I will follow the poll outcome and shall endeavour to post the progress in the no-reload thread.

Many thanks for your participation!

Regards,

B.
  1. Which class would like to see in the no-reload thread?33 votes
    1. Kensai
        6.06%
    2. Cavalier
        3.03%
    3. Ranger (unkitted)
        3.03%
    4. Beast Master
      36.36%
    5. Stalker
      12.12%
    6. Druid (unkitted)
        6.06%
    7. Cleric (unkitted)
        6.06%
    8. Swashbuckler
      15.15%
    9. Conjurer
      12.12%
Post edited by Borco on
JuliusBorisov

Comments

• ArctodusArctodus Member Posts: 992
    Beast master, because there is not enough of them.
    Borco_Luke_CrevsDaak
  • JumboWheat01JumboWheat01 Member Posts: 1,028
    I'm always game to see some buckling of swashes.
    AerakarBorco
  • NeverusedNeverused Member Posts: 803
    Conjurer; good luck on utilizing the -2 penalty to saves on Grease, Glitterdust, Flame arrow... On the bright side, all the Symbol spells also get the -2 penalty! On the less bright side, that -2 penalty also applies to your teammates depending on how close they are...
    Borco
  • tbone1tbone1 Member Posts: 1,985
    Unkitted cleric, possibly the least common choice
    Borco
  • AerakarAerakar Member Posts: 1,015
    One can never have enough thieves in my view, so I say go with swashbuckler.

Or how about a cleric-thief gnome mult? The cleric is unkitted as is the thief, but interesting synergy.
    Borco
    Aerakar said:

One can never have enough thieves in my view, so I say go with swashbuckler.

Or how about a cleric-thief gnome mult? The cleric is unkitted as is the thief, but interesting synergy.

Cleric/Thieves are indeed awesome, one of the few multi-classes I enjoy greatly.

Though mix it up, try a Half-orc instead of a Gnome.
    BorcoAerakar
  • BorcoBorco Member Posts: 325
    Neverused said:

Conjurer; good luck on utilizing the -2 penalty to saves on Grease, Glitterdust, Flame arrow... On the bright side, all the Symbol spells also get the -2 penalty! On the less bright side, that -2 penalty also applies to your teammates depending on how close they are...

Still a better story than Illusionist or Diviner (as much as I like both)...

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    Druid.

Maybe you can succeed in killing Melissan, which I and @Enuhal failed to do with a solo druid.
    ArctodusBorcoRelSundan
  • BorcoBorco Member Posts: 325

Maybe you can succeed in killing Melissan, which I and @Enuhal failed to do with a solo druid.

Nevertheless, a legendary run and hard to outperform.

JuliusBorisovArctodusMantis37Gotural
  • Stalker! The might of a warrior combined with the subtlety of a rogue B)
    Borco[Deleted User]KurumiAerakar
  • Papa_LouPapa_Lou Member Posts: 263
    I voted Beast Master, because I rarely hear of anyone ever playing that kit. It'd be interesting to see how it plays out.
    BorcoArctodusAerakar
  • KurumiKurumi Member Posts: 520
    Stalker. Fun class (+ there are some very nice gauntlets in SoD for it). *^_^*
    BorcoAerakar
  • PokotaPokota Member Posts: 858
    Borco said:

Neverused said:

Still a better story than Illusionist or Diviner (as much as I like both)...

Diviner and Illusionist both would be awesome from a pure RP standpoint, it's just you need a sympathetic DM to make them OP and you can't really do that in the Infinity Engine without breaking everything in half.

Hell, I may roll up a diviner for my streams later in the year just to excuse reloading.
    BorcoJumboWheat01
    Pokota said:

Hell, I may roll up a diviner for my streams later in the year just to excuse reloading.

...I never thought about it like that. I LIKE that idea. I should fire up my Diviner again, and think about things happening along those lines.
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Wild Mage, embrace the chaos.
    Pokota[Deleted User]Aerakar
  • Wandering_RangerWandering_Ranger Member Posts: 175
    @JuliusBorisov pointed me to this thread after I enquired as to how a Beastmaster could possibly be topped in terms of difficulty regarding solo runs (https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/63551/). To me, it seems by far and away the most challenging class to solo, at least on paper.

I wish you well on your solo run. I will track your progress because having never solo'd a Beastmaster myself, I am having trouble imagining any class more difficult. I want to see the various interesting tactics you use. Such things can improve skill and overall gameplay for everyone.

In fact, I will also do a solo run myself with a Beastmaster in order to experience it. However, mine certainly won't be a no-reload challenge. I'm not that much of a masochist!
    Papa_LouBorcoJuliusBorisovCrevsDaak
  • JasperRaithJasperRaith Member Posts: 30
    Thrilled to see this :smile: having recently done an Archer run I was thinking of a Beastmaster trial, but never quite got into it. Loved the summons, which were useful into SoA and the extra HP from the familiar comes in very handy. I'll be really interested to see where this goes!
    BorcoJuliusBorisovCrevsDaak