Skip to content

Bodhi and Aran Linvail - more alike than they are aware!

So, the PC has to decide to work for either of them, and after doing some of the tasks, they let the PC in about where Imoen was taken etc.

Bodhi:
IF ~~ THEN BEGIN 103 // from: 102.0
SAY #42885 /* ~The Cowled Wizards took them to the one place that mages in Athkatla truly fear, a place where power is stripped and examined, where minds are laid open for study.~ */
IF ~~ THEN GOTO 104
END

IF ~~ THEN BEGIN 104 // from: 103.0
SAY #42891 /* ~The polite bureaucrat calls it a "residence for the magically deviant," but mages just call it "Spellhold." It is an asylum where people are sent to disappear.~ */
IF ~~ THEN REPLY #42892 /* ~Then it is a simple matter of retrieving Imoen from this place.~ */ GOTO 105
IF ~~ THEN REPLY #42893 /* ~What sort of place is this that no one knows of it?~ */ GOTO 105
IF ~~ THEN REPLY #42894 /* ~I shall storm its walls and break down its gates.~ */ GOTO 105
IF ~~ THEN REPLY #59416 /* ~I shall have what Irenicus knows, and I shall leave you the leftovers.~ */ GOTO 105
END

Aran:
IF ~~ THEN BEGIN 38 // from: 74.0 37.0
SAY #43056 /* ~The Cowled Wizards took them to the one place mages in Athkatla truly fear, a place where their power is stripped and examined, their minds laid open for study.~ */
IF ~~ THEN GOTO 39
END

IF ~~ THEN BEGIN 39 // from: 38.0
SAY #43057 /* ~I have heard it called a 'Residence for the Magically Deviant,' but mages just call it Spellhold. It is an asylum, where people are sent to disappear.~ [ARAN19] */
IF ~~ THEN REPLY #43058 /* ~Then it is a simple matter of retrieving Imoen from this place.~ */ GOTO 40
IF ~~ THEN REPLY #43059 /* ~What sort of place is this that no one knows of it?~ */ GOTO 40
IF ~~ THEN REPLY #43060 /* ~I shall storm its walls and break down its gates.~ */ GOTO 40
IF ~~ THEN REPLY #59462 /* ~I shall take what I need from Irenicus while he is incapacitated there!~ */ GOTO 40
END

Maybe they got it from the same source of information. 'What you always wanted to know about Spellhold', or something like that.

Comments

• rapsam2003rapsam2003 Member Posts: 1,636
    I mean, the only difference between them IS *what* they are. The Shadow Thieves, according to lore, are basically a more circumspect version of the mafia. Vampires in AD&D2 were chaotic evil. It's really a decision that leaves it up to the player to decide, "Which is the lesser evil?". My point is, there's not much difference between them in the way that they do business and seek to control the underworld of Athkatla.
  • filcat88filcat88 Member Posts: 115
    Burn them all!!!
  • DhariusDharius Member Posts: 654
    It's a bit like "Dusk till Dawn"...
  • SvarSvar Member Posts: 157
    Or it could just be that the writers got a little lazy and didn't expect anyone to notice because both Aran and Bodhi talk that way, being the shifty, intelligent people that they are.
    profanitywarning