Skip to content

Rasaad Romance questions

Hey guys,

I just finished SoD, and I found out that there was a Rasaad romance track that never seemed to start for me (I played as a female good character, so I don't know what happened) But I wasn't about to go back and replay the thing, so I just youtubed the romance to catch up. I'm a bit confused. If you played the romance, surely Rasaad's attitude in meeting you will be totally different than if you didn't... doesn't he need to apologise/explain? Has the EE version of SoA been patched to create a different opening banter if you played the romance? And if you didn't play the romance in SoD, can you still pick it up in SoA, or have I missed the opportunity? Is there some CLUAConsole magic I should be working here?

Comments

• KuronaKurona Member Posts: 881
    There is no reference to SoD at all in BG2. So yeah, even if you had romanced Rasaad during Siege it wouldn't change anything. You can romance him in BG2 regardless though, so you haven't lost your chance.
  • Discord88Discord88 Member Posts: 5
    edited February 2017
    Thanks Kurona. I'm glad I didn't play the romance now, then. It'd bug me too much that such a dramatic moment never had any kind of resolution and the characters just went on like nothing happened.
  • SvarSvar Member Posts: 157
    Rasaad's SoD ending is different, depending on how you open your final conversation with him.

If you choose "What do you mean by that?" instead of "Rasaad...don't look at me like that," when he says "I should have expected this," he will not get angry at you and feel betrayed. Instead, he'll mourn the fact that your heritage can't stop heaping cruelty on you. If you tell him that his belief in your innocence means the world to you and that he has to leave to be spared from your ill luck, he will express the hope of one day seeing you again.

The fact that these drastically different reactions depend on a single response has always irked me, especially since both conversation choices seem fairly tonally ambiguous.

As for how the romance flows into BG2, for the positive ending at least, I think a number of explanations could work for that. Both Charname and Rasaad are not in good headspaces at the start of BG2 and they've been apart for some time, so it would make a lot of sense for Rasaad to dial things back and start over.

If you got the bad ending and there's no reactivity in BG2, well...the writers just dun goofed.
  • tbone1tbone1 Member Posts: 1,985
    Svar said:

The fact that these drastically different reactions depend on a single response has always irked me, especially since both conversation choices seem fairly tonally ambiguous.

Welcome to reality. Not that I like it, either, but there it is.
  • Discord88Discord88 Member Posts: 5
    Ooooh, thank you Svar, that makes more sense.
    The only version I could find ended with Rasaad saying some VERY nasty things, but then you start SOA and he's like, "Oh hi, how's it going, let me tell you about my quest." Huh?? It just seems too unreal that he A: still wants to talk to her and B: Charname doesn't Bitchslap him for what he said. And how long has it been since dragonspear, a few months? Just like that, its all forgotten?

Honestly, if I were one of the writers Id be floating the idea of some kind of Dragonspear continuity expansion pack. An update to a few banters, maybe a few related quests, maybe a chance to reclaim some of that awesome loot, I'd pay for that... Just to tie things up a bit neater. But that's just my humble opinion.
  • flameandshadowflameandshadow Member Posts: 1
    So ... how does one actually get this romance/lovetalks to start? I've reached Chapter 10 and Rasaad has yet to say a thing.

Not sure what to look for in the console. I'm a console newb in any case.
  • BigfishBigfish Member Posts: 367

So ... how does one actually get this romance/lovetalks to start? I've reached Chapter 10 and Rasaad has yet to say a thing.

Not sure what to look for in the console. I'm a console newb in any case.

Well first off you have to be female if that hasn't been established.

As far as chapter 10 goes, that may be too late to initiate the romance, since some of the talks are tied to the chapter I think. There may also be an issue with an existing romance keeping Rasaad from starting his. If the romance started and you booted him from the party temporarily that would break the romance. It is also entirely possible you responded wrong to what you though was a banter because Rasaad is weird like that.

I can't find anything that is particularly specific regarding how all this works in SoD though, so I'm not sure what the solution would be.