Skip to content

Chapter 2 Android Crash

SystemSystem Administrator Posts: 199
This discussion was created from comments split from: How to Report Bugs.

Comments

• Ryntimothy2179Ryntimothy2179 Member Posts: 9
    I'm not clear if this is the correct place, but my android version of BG2:EE is crashing after the introduction into chapter 2, and leaving gaylean bayles house. It has always done this since purchasing 2 days ago. I've seen talks of a 2.3 vers. Update but haven't found the place to install, which I'm beginning to wonder that the patch wasn't released for the Android version. Please if anyone can help me I would be greatly appreciative! Sorry if this isn't the right place for this post.
  • Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,871
    edited February 2017
    @Ryntimothy2179
    Your game version will be correct for Android.

Could you compress and attach a save here please.
    (Using an app such as ES File Explorer, navigate to Home -> Android -> data -> com.beamdog.baldursgateiienhancededition -> files -> save. Locate the target save folder and long-tap to select it, then use ...more -> compress -> ok)

Thanks
    Post edited by Gate70 on
    edited February 2017
    Gate70 said:

@Ryntimothy2179
    Your game version will be correct for Android.

Could you compress and attach a save here please.
    (Using an app such as ES File Explorer, navigate to Home -> Android -> data -> com.beamdog.baldursgateiienhancededition -> files -> save. Locate the target save folder and long-tap to select it, then use ...more -> compress -> ok)

Thanks

Gate70 here is my compressed save file. I appreciate the quickness in which you responded, and also appreciate the help you are providing. Hope to hear back from you soon!
    All you need to do to experience the crash is to:

1)travel to next location(leave the promenade)
    1a)doesnt matter which location you exit at
    2)follow bayle to his house
    2a)wrap up the dialog and tell him you'll be back when you have the cash
    3)click done after chapter 2 introduction plays
    3a)you can either select done immediately before hearing the introduction or wait until it finishes playing either way results in the same problem
    4)experience the fun that is the crash you are witnessing

I've done every possible conversation path available and no matter what you say to him the result is still the same ending in a crash.
    Could you try these saves please, from after speaking to Gaelan and Brus. You might be OK, or the area could be broken (fail to load, not allow entry to buildings and so on).

Save 110 was made on version 2.3 of the game.
    Save 112 was made on version 1.3 of the game.

If neither save works please try backing up any saves to an alternate location, then uninstalling the game, checking nothing is left in Android -> obb -> com.beamdog.baldursgateiienhancededition and re-installing.

I can remember a similar crash for PC users some time back, if this doesn't work for you I'll see if I can find it to see what was happening.
    Thanks
    Thank you for the help. The save file did solve the problem, but one thing I was curious of is you gave me a save for version 2.3 and I haven't been able to find that update for the Android version. If I could trouble you one last time about where I might find that update to version 2.3 if it's available that is. Thank you again for your help with my crashing issue I greatly am thankful!
    Also I was wondering what I should do in the future because I'm very highly considering downloading BGEE and playing the game from the very beginning. And even though you have been a very big help I'd rather not rely(pester) on you for correcting the same issue if it were to pop up once I finally progress through the game to that point. Again thank you for your help, you've been a guru!
    v2.3 is not available for Android at this time. I'd uploaded a save without thinking of game version at that time so left it in place and added a v1.3 save.

The issue would seem to be around the specific area (slums) and by adding a save with the area already loaded this prevents the issue. As to why the area has an issue I would expect it to be due to your installation and perhaps a glitch when downloading the game to install but since other people had the same issue in the same area there may be slightly more to it than that.
    Cool man thank you for your help you've truly been a BG guru! Glad to hear I can download the first one without any hiccups(hopefully) in transitioning.
    I've also been running into more issues with crashing. The first was under the copper coronet just north of where you get the lovers ring. And most recently when I try to leave the city of an by either going to city gates or D'arnese(?) hold. I've been playing the first baldurs gate otherwise I would have caught this a lot sooner. Please help me, dang I hope someone will notice this soon I'm itching to play! Much appreciate your time.
    Put an updated save here and I'll have a look.

Do you have any security software running on the tablet.
    Was this a new game created on the device, or started elsewhere and copied across. Or in BGEE.
    No mod content added?
    Anything else (playing in a language other than English, using multiplayer mode, etc.)

Thanks
    edited July 2017
    Darn! I deleted the game cause I downloaded planescape. Which is running fine. But gate 70 you corrected my last game file in BG2. That was the file that was acting up when I would try to leave the city or travel elsewhere than just slums or the first location coming out of Irenicus dungeon. I'm sorry. Once I download the game again I will post it in the same thread here and list the problems I encounter. Again thank you guys for your great game ports. I own all except icewind Dale. Keep it up! Maybe fallout + fallout2