Soundtracks for BG:EE, SoD, BG2:EE, IWD:EE, PST:EE are now available
in the Beamdog store.
Feedback about SoD by player with some experience of BG series
Despite my opinion about graphic outlook of this forum (I think it is sux as hell, same as the many other "white-on-black" eyeharming forum styles, and the worst thing - that you cannot change the single default theme in your frigging account menu , in addition this forums using HTML that I have don't know how to use, BBC-stuff is more cool ), I have decided to left a feedback about the game that I have bought - Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition +DLC "Siege of Dragon Spear", after a ~40 minutes of playing. I have a lot of experience of gaming in BG series, on the higher difficulty possible.
So my opinion about the game, for now.
- Game menu interface: Impressive! (for an exception about emblem - imho the old skool was better)
- Video shortcuts: Good! (well, if you want some critics - too much heroic and disney like, comparing to the old one "Armored figure on the roof", but still very good)
- User Graphical Interface: Impressive! (of course I have my cosmetic changes, to switch to old-skool black-on-white style, still very impressive)
- Game atmosphere: Impressive! (the design of the start location is super, even those chasm that smoking and the funny skeleton from the sarcophagus is ice. I am impressed indeed - much more better than the start location in BG2, despite of those poor flaming fists :P )
- Gameplay: OK! (the first fight - the ambush on the small bridge was nice and enjoyable, like an old-school in BG1, of course on LoB + SCS (don't changin default SoD AI))
- The story: (I have no straight opinion yet, but I don't like most of story of BG2, so I think SoD story will sux too :P )
- Voices: OK! (imho - even better than in previous BG series.)
- Dialogues: OK! (the NPC replicas is fine, and don't distracting from the game atmosphere)
Perhaps I will add something along with ma party way trough the game story-line. Conclusions for now:
Wow-effect, like a hollywood blockbuster.
Some graphical artifacts, that I think, migrated from the previous series:
The light shade of the fireball over the chasm, is looks weird.
The thunderbolt must be above the laying on the ground armors, but not below.