Skip to content

What are you guys doing to pass time until the 30th of November?

EleutherosEleutheros Member Posts: 70
edited September 2012 in Archive (General Discussion)
I, for one, bought and downloaded IW2 from GOG's sale this morning, and has so far had a lot of fun making up the backstory to my strangely assorted party - a human paladin who spent years gathering chosen people from different tribes and villages, and thus collecting an elven mage, a halfling rogue, a dwarven fighter, human cleric and finally an missile-leaning fighter from the wood elves. Good fun, indeed :)

What I don't get is the business with multiclassing in IW2 - I can choose which class I level up in as I go along? Strange (for someone who only knows D&D from BG1/2 and IW1 (and the first bookset, the blue and orange one - but that was a long time ago...).

Comments

• ShinShin Member Posts: 2,345
    I'm playing through BGT. Though it usually takes me quite awhile to go from Candlekeep to the throne of Bhaal, there should be enough time now.
  • AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
    As stated earlier on a very similar thread... I am going to buy a hamster and train it in the martial arts.

As it happens, this will be Sumo... As I have somehow ended up with a Guinea Pig.
  • DiscoCatDiscoCat Member Posts: 73
    Black Mesa and Torchlight 2.
  • DjimmyDjimmy Member Posts: 749
    Black Mesa is brilliant. I play it too. So game-wise I spend my time playing Black Mesa and CS a little. Not game-wise a few things...
  • sandmanCCLsandmanCCL Member Posts: 1,389
    @Eleutheros: IWD2 runs on 3rd Edition Dungeons & Dragons, while the rest of the Infinity Engine games are based on AD&D rules. Whenever you level up, you pick which class you gained that level in. Half the fun of 3e was making fun multi-class combinations.

IIRC, you HAVE to multi-class at some point. I believe the level cap is 30 but you can only go up to level 20 in any one given class.

If you want some tips on borderline OP characters to make, let me know. I'm actually more familiar with 3rd Ed than I am with AD&D rules. One of my favorites is the Svirfneblin Monk. Nothing like having 24 AC right out of the gate, even if your HP will suck as a result.
  • SolobearSolobear Member Posts: 55
    Work, live life, be normal.
  • TulimyrskyTulimyrsky Member Posts: 17
    Basically what I currently do (work, archery, laze around) until Dishonored comes out and then I'll drop off the map for a while.
  • KortokKortok Member Posts: 165
    Black Mesa and DOTA 2.
  • MaranMaran Member Posts: 42
    Shin said:

I'm playing through BGT. Though it usually takes me quite awhile to go from Candlekeep to the throne of Bhaal, there should be enough time now.

Same here.

• SerephSereph Member Posts: 23
    Playing bg2 through with a friend online, and of course Borderlands 2 comes out on Tuesday. Oh, Tuesday, you're only half as awesome as you could have been, but damn it hurry up and get here.
  • paulsifer42paulsifer42 Member Posts: 267
    All the Assassin's Creed games again, and then Assassin's Creed III. The only reason I'm cool with the pushing of the date was that BG would have gotten in the way of my goal to finish them before III came out, and now it REALLY won't.
  • EidolonEidolon Member Posts: 99
    Torchlight II, and some Guild Wars 2, and of course a weekly session of tabletop D&D.
  • IgnoIgno Member Posts: 10
    Maran said:

Shin said:

Same here.

Yes, same here.
  • Just finished the first part of BGT now I'm going to continu to the SoA part
  • GemHoundGemHound Member Posts: 801
    edited September 2012
    I'm going to buy PST now, finish my run throughs of Icewind Dale One and Two which I'm nearly simultaneously playing, and my two current run throughs of BG(one solo, one not) and my evil BG 2 party(Valen). Not enough time. :)
  • Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    Play BG and BG2. Possibly get a few hours in on Skyrim when I'm not working.
  • BrudeBrude Member Posts: 560
    Playing the unmodded GOG version of BG1, of course!
  • Covert_MadnessCovert_Madness Member Posts: 3
    FTL was just released last weekend on GOG. Fantastic game a huge amount of content for very little cost. I was previously conflicted about which I would play, FTL or BGEE but the delay has made the choice easy.
  • FelixFelix Member Posts: 39
    Ive installed my original BG2+TOB and I am going to try and finish it before the 30th of November.
  • sknskn Member Posts: 8
    Dark souls and programming.
  • immagikmanimmagikman Member Posts: 664
    Trying to work my way through Might and Magic Heroes 6, the Necro campaign was pretty fun but the 1st mission of the Haven campaign was a PITA way harder than I expected.
  • immagikmanimmagikman Member Posts: 664

FTL was just released last weekend on GOG. Fantastic game a huge amount of content for very little cost. I was previously conflicted about which I would play, FTL or BGEE but the delay has made the choice easy.

Hopefully you will have a need for something different by the time BGEE comes out :-)
  • AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
    Ok... Guinea Pig is a "Class pet" So you would think some martial art training would be good (All class pets need SOME kinda self defence). As yet the Sumo is not going well. Binky keeps sleeping on the few hours I have available to coach him, plus he keeps running out of the ring... At this rate, "the go for the eye's" move will be years away...
  • SharnSharn Member Posts: 188
    IWD2 game with the companion mod installed in my spare time. I am and probably will continue to hop onto TOR and do some pvp a few nights a week.
  • eainterplayeainterplay Member Posts: 55
    Reading some books and playing lots of FIFA 13 when it comes out.
  • CyricistCyricist Member Posts: 61
    Playing with the Witch Doctor in Diablo 3. Ever since the 1.4 patch, I've been wanting to check him out. Level 25, having a great time so far.

Got into the Planetside 2 beta, and I've got a mission. Learn to fly before the game launches. The first couple times I was laughing on Skype with my friend as we alternated trying to fly pretty much anything. The next twenty were less humorous. Progress has been slow and painful, but progress nonetheless.

Other than that, playing some Guild Wars 2. It's weird. I really, really like Guild Wars 2 from a lore/story standpoint, and the artwork is gorgeous. I like that there's no subscription fee, and the way they did the dynamic events + heart quests makes you feel like you're never grinding out a zone, really. Just... exploring. Yet I find it hard to motivate myself to play the game. Not sure why. Oh well.
  • MuninMunin Member Posts: 95
    Cry myself to sleep at night?

Seriously, watch football, put new wood floor in the kitchen, play with the new grandkids. You probably won't see that last one mentioned very often, lol.
  • styggastygga Member Posts: 467
    I read the "fixed bugs" section to feel like it was actually worth it.