Skip to content

Can a multiclass character specialize in kits from the base classes?

Hi all

Is it possible to create a multiclass character that specializes in kits from the base classes?

Comments

• billbiscobillbisco Member Posts: 361
    edited March 2017
    If you use EEKEEPER yes.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Balrog99Balrog99 Member Posts: 7,366
    Also a gnome can be an Illusionist/Thief, Illusionist/Cleric or an Illusionist/Fighter without using EEKEEPER.
  • georgelappiesgeorgelappies Member Posts: 179
    If using EE Keeper, how can I check or calculate what all stats are supposed to be after I edited a level 1 character?
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Under your character's portrait at the left of the screen there is a "Recalculate Stats" button. That should do the trick.
    ThacoBell said:

Under your character's portrait at the left of the screen there is a "Recalculate Stats" button. That should do the trick.

Thanks for the reply, I saw that when I click this button multiple times the value seems to update on each click. It should not do this correct? Or is it currently a bug that deducts the value of what it should be from what it currently is instead of comparing the original base value with what the new calculated value based on the stats should be?

ThacoBell said:

Thanks for the reply, I saw that when I click this button multiple times the value seems to update on each click. It should not do this correct? Or is it currently a bug that deducts the value of what it should be from what it currently is instead of comparing the original base value with what the new calculated value based on the stats should be?
    It doesn't use just maximum rolls. Its effectively re-rolling your bonuses using your stat bonuses.
    ThacoBell said:

ThacoBell said:

It doesn't use just maximum rolls. Its effectively re-rolling your bonuses using your stat bonuses.
    OK, thanks. But are the stats supposed to change every time the button is pressed even if the stat values entered remains unchanged?
    Nevermind, I did not have the max HP at level up option set :blush:
    ThacoBell
  • ReadingRamboReadingRambo Member Posts: 598
    I would recommend setting your level to 0, otherwise the kits innate level 1 bonuses might not be added properly.. to do that make sure your character has 1 hp otherwise they will be dead when you load the game
    @ReadingRambo That's not necessary anymore. The "add kit" button under effects tab works perfectly. Note that when selecting the level range, "1" is actually "0", so you will want to move your maximum level in the range to one higher than the level you want the effect for.
    ReadingRambosemiticgoddess
  • ReadingRamboReadingRambo Member Posts: 598
    Thanks! Wasn't aware of the add kit option in effects!
    ThacoBell
    It is a wonderful feature.
    I tried to add a kit but the level one special abilities don't show?

Are you trying to add innate special abilites?
    edited March 2017
    ThacoBell said:

Are you trying to add innate special abilites?
    Trying to add a kit on the Innate tab yes. I added it and it shows there as level 1 (in EE Keeper) but in game there is nothing.
    Is it set as "memorized"?
    Clicking on Mem + increases the integer value in the xMem field. The default for Totemic druid Summon spirit animal is 8, when I click the Mem + button the 8 become a 9. But nothing happens in game?
    @georgelappies can you upload a screenshot? I'm not sure what you mean.
    edited March 2017
    ThacoBell said:

@georgelappies can you upload a screenshot? I'm not sure what you mean.

Sure, I basically followed the steps from 1 to 6 in these screen shots:

ThacoBell
    Yeah, that looks correct to me. The problem probably goes over my knowledge at this point. I recommend posting this in the EEKeeper thread and asking either Troodon or Astrobryguy for help.
    ThacoBell said:

Yeah, that looks correct to me. The problem probably goes over my knowledge at this point. I recommend posting this in the EEKeeper thread and asking either Troodon or Astrobryguy for help.

Thanks will do.
    Its probably a simple issue that we have overlooked, EEKeeper is rarely complicated. A mod wouldn't allow you to edit your character on the fly either.
  • AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437
    @georgelappies - Did you increment innates on the memorization tab?
    georgelappies

ThacoBell said:

A mod wouldn't allow you to edit your character on the fly either.

Actually that's precisely what the mod does. (Didn't follow the link, didja? :wink: )
    When I say edit, I mean more than changing class and addin a kit.

@georgelappies - Did you increment innates on the memorization tab?

Yeah! That was it! Thanks, most appreciated!
    ThacoBell