Skip to content

Wizard Slayer Rebalancing for BG:EE and BGII:EE

Comments

• sparrow13xsparrow13x Member Posts: 120
    edited September 2015
    @GrimLefourbe Looks like it, it has all of the same files as the folder I unzipped:

Should I download the contents of that dropbox and try that instead?

@subtledoctor I'll definitely check it out. I'm just looking for a novel experience after playing Shapeshifters for the past 2 weeks.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited September 2015
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • wolpakwolpak Member Posts: 390
    You know what would be cool for a Wizard Slayer? Give him the ability to inflict a Wild Surge on the enemy next time he casts a spell.
    [Deleted User]
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • GrimLefourbeGrimLefourbe Member Posts: 637
    edited September 2015
    Mmm, I'm not done yet with my WS playthrough but the abilities "on hit" are too binary in my opinion and that's kind of a shame as it doesn't make wizard slayers that much better than others at killing mages (if you need to breach the PfMW or the Absolute Immunity anyway, there's less interest in having a WS) so I think it would be interesting to have a less impactful effect as a passive but that would work through those.

It's not that bad against most mages since you can keep a normal weapon and hammer the PfMW away through the Shatter Magic but it feels really bad against liches and mages naturally immune to normal weapons, or mages who just use multiple Absolute Immunity . (Why doesn't PfMW temporarily replace natural immunity to normal weapon ?)
    @subtledoctor @GrimLefourbe The dropbox files worked like a charm, thanks a lot guys!

Going to take a look at your Might and Guile mod right now too!
    I think giving an ability like Kelben's Warding Whip to WS's that removes 1 melee protection per round would be a cool idea. Something they can use to even the score against enemies that sit behind Mantle and PfMW until it expires while you run away and wait it out.

My mod(s) should definitely have a few novel experiences in them! At least, that was my goal. Try installing the Multiclass Kits from Might & Guile, roll a cleric/mage, and turn him into a Spellbender. That kit has the potential to be wild, I'd love some feedback on how it plays.

Meantime, try to use the Mac Weidu Lancher with the folder @GrimLefourbe updated. Looks like it might work for the WSR mod.

For your special multi-classes, are the totems needed for transformations in static locations? They sound interesting but I've wanted to play a Cleric/Thief for a while so I might try out the Nightrunner of Mask.
    @subtledoctor I've noticed several class books in the scroll guy's shop and a few totems on the merchant on the same level as him but I don't see anything for sale in the temple. I used Dungeon-be-gone to skip chateau irenicus so I wasn't able to get it that way sadly.

Do you happen to have item codes for the totems?
    edited September 2015

Off the top of my head, should be d5_mask.itm

I mean for console spawning, if you have any idea what they are, sorry for the confusion.

Edit: Nevermind, I found it on the Assassin mage in the vampire room of Irenicus' dungeon. Decided to go through it with my new MP party and now I've got a sweet new Nightrunner of Mask.
    Post edited by sparrow13x on
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    AlexT said:

This component slightly loosens the item restrictions that are normaly imposed on the Wizard Slayer. It can be installed in two ways.

The "Minimal changes" option will allow the Wizard Slayer to use items which increase magic resistance, such as the Amulet of 5% Magic Resistance, Kaligun's Amulet of Magic Resistance, the Cloak of Balduran and the Potion of Magic Protection.

In addition to everything mentioned above, the "Moderate changes" option allows the Wizard Slayer to also use items which provide protection from magic in some form, such as the Cloak of Mirroring, Belt of Inertial Barrier, Amulet of Spell Warding, Ring of Spell Turning, Potion of Magic Shielding and Potion of Magic Blocking.

@AlexT So, I've made a Wizard Slayer run just because you made it possible so I really need to thank you.

BUT I'm kind of disappointed after I discovered that the WS still can't use the Ring of Gaxx (it gives MR) and the Amulet of Seldarine (algo gives MR).

So I want to know what was your criteria and how can I make those items usable by WS.

Thank you!
    Sertorius
  • IchigoRXCIchigoRXC Member Posts: 1,001

"Scramble magic." I love it. I wonder how to do it.

Maybe have an on-hit melee effect of the WS, which, when it strikes a target, adds a "cast spell on condition" opcode 232 effect on the target, with the condiction being "spell cast." Then cause s wild surge.

Doesn't have to be a wild surge either - you could make casters take damage when they cast spells, stuff like that.

Damage on spell casting makes me think of Back fire the mesmer skill from Guild Wars 1

http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Backfire

Mesmer was one of the more original concepts from that game, having a lot of interesting utility and denial skills.
    Can anyone teach me how can I remove the WS restriction from some items?

Those would be:

Oil of Fiery Burning (it's chemical, not magical)
    Potion of Explosions (same as above)
    Amulet of the Seldarine (gives MR)
    Ring of Gaxx (same as above)

And I wish to create a weapon only usable by WS. Just tell me how to do it and I'll do it #shialabeouffeelings

Thanks!

• DanacmDanacm Member Posts: 950
    I think it would be easier to remove item restrictions. The berserker has rage, and no disadvantage, the wizard slayer has little me with some miscast and huge penalties. Maybe its better just to not reach grandmastery in weapons as disadvantage.
    Hm, @subtledoctor im very novice in weidu, and just like editing things for my own pleasure. Can you help me, how can i edit unusable row in kitlist.2da via weidu? I just want to edit the wizard slayers unusable line to 0*04000000.
    Thanks @subtledoctor it was the right place, but odd the 0×04000000 is hex, and when i check it back in near infinity shows in decimal, so not as i wrote in it in the tpa.
    Thanks a lot :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited June 2016
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Danacm
    edited June 2016
    Ill try this code, thank you for help me @subtledoctor :) i just now learning weidu and creating little mods for my own pleasure. No i wont use the cleric usability flag, it was just an example for a hex. My little mod is to balance the wizard slayer, as it remove its unusable flag, and change it to barbarians hex, 0x40000000, i think. And use this mods idea to give the 10% base plus 2% per level mr. Also keep the shatter magic ability, but mod it to 3 round duration, and no disadvantage(remove innitate mr as resource). Oh and as no pure fighter, i only allow specializaton to weapons no mastery. So no heavy armor, no grandmastery, but all fighter items for some extra only wizard slaying abilities. And my future plan is to create the warblade as kit, maybe paladin kit, keep his spellcasting, but remove all cleric spells via spl files, and grant "martial" spells to its spellbook, ofc ourse remove turn undead. Or just fighter kit with innitates, maybe use the feat system from ur mod thats i like. But its all for me, im not a big modder to publish it.

Btw you are a very helpful member here @subtledoctor , and i thank you for your help again.
    Is this mod ok for v2.3?
  • AlexTAlexT Member Posts: 760
    Updated to v1.13

Changelog:
    • Added the Italian translation (courtesy of @Aedan )
    • Both subcomponents of "Revised Wizard Slayer item restrictions" now allow the Amulet of Seldarine to be worn on BGII:EE
    elminsterHudzyAedan
  • AedanAedan Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 8,550
    edited August 2016
    @AlexT
    Thank you very much :)
  • MercilecMercilec Member Posts: 55
    noob question below ->

This mod is considered Tweaks, right?
    @Mercilec yes it is a tweak.
    Mercilec
  • ckoeckoe Member Posts: 26
    Hello,

as reported in the linked shs forum thread there appears to be some odd thing going on when this mod is used in a BWS/EET installation.

The kit description is displayed instead of a NPC name when hitting TAB in the Order of the Radiant Heart area. The kit description during character creation is the original one, e.g. 25 % spell failure rate etc.
    A screenshot and WeiDU logs are here. Someone else is seeing this too, see page 201 in that thread. Especially with this I am no longer sure which kit version the game is actually using.

I am not sure if this originates in the mod or is caused by something else in the Big World installation. I am still hoping someone in the BWS discussion thread will comment. But anyway, maybe someone here might be interested.

Thanks !