Skip to content

EE Keeper Question

Anyone ever have an issue where EEKeeper works fine, but it just doesn't save your game profiles - so you have to re-set them up each time? Googled it but didn't see that particular issue out there. It works fine once I set everything up, but the minute I close the program and go back in it pops up that it can't find resources and I have to do it over again.

I'm noobish :)

Comments

• Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    Assuming you're on Windows rather than running through Wine/Wineskin. Did you install it to Program Files? Did you get the zip archive or the installer? If you used the installer, did you check the box to use %APPDATA%?
  • HaHaCharadeHaHaCharade Member Posts: 1,643
    Troodon80 said:

Assuming you're on Windows rather than running through Wine/Wineskin. Did you install it to Program Files? Did you get the zip archive or the installer? If you used the installer, did you check the box to use %APPDATA%?

Zip File, its in Program Files. I'm going to go ahead and give it a reinstall as its been quite awhile and I'm a version or two behind.
    Troodon80 said:

So I reinstalled. Basically just taking the zip file and dumping it in a folder in the Program Files Directory. I run the EXE and I point it. It just makes me reset it every time. I'm wondering why the installs paths aren't saving.
    I figured it out. Thanks for the help. Had to run it as admin, wasn't creating the .ini.
  • Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110

So I reinstalled. Basically just taking the zip file and dumping it in a folder in the Program Files Directory. I run the EXE and I point it. It just makes me reset it every time. I'm wondering why the installs paths aren't saving.

If you're using the zip archive, don't put it into Program Files. Anything higher than Windows Vista prevents applications from writing to their own directories without Administrative privileges. Put it in a folder such as C:\Infinity Engine Editors\EE Keeper, along with Near Infinity or anything else you use. Or use the installer and select the %APPDATA% option. If you want to use the zip archive and put it into the Program Files folder, then just create a new file manually and name it eekeeper.config; where *.config is the extension, so if the new file is created with *.txt just replace the whole lot with the new file name.
    HaHaCharadeJuliusBorisov
    Yep see above post, I just gave the program administrative rights. Thanks again for the help.