Skip to content

[Bug] Imp still gets stuck in Polymorphed form

MortiannaMortianna Member Posts: 1,356
An earlier bug was reported with the Imp getting stuck in Polymorphed form ( http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/7753/bug-report-familiar-stuck-in-poly-form ), but it only dealt with the issue of putting your familiar in your backpack while the spell is still active.

The Imp also gets stuck in its current Polymorphed form when engaging in an action (e.g., battle, forcing open a container) at the same time the spell expires. I'm experiencing this both in the current BGEE version and in the beta patch.

Current Behavior: When the Polymorph Self spell expires, Imp familiars get stuck in their Polymorphed form when in battle or doing other actions.

Corrected Behavior: Imp turns back into original form at the end of the spell regardless of its actions at the time.

Comments

• MortiannaMortianna Member Posts: 1,356
    Perhaps an icon could be placed permanently in the Imp's special abilities menu that will allow it to change back into its original form if the Polymorph Self spell expires and it becomes stuck in its polymorphed form.

Judging by the number of views this thread has had, it obvious that this bug is low on totem pole. I'm sure the number of people who play Lawful Evil mages or sorcerers is negligible. Nonetheless, I'm hoping it'll be fixed at some point. Having to kill my familiar and then go into Shadowkeeper to remove the CON and HP flags and fix my HP score--all so I can summon another Imp--is getting as old as BG2.
    mrdeluxe
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    To those who keep getting this problem in the 2.3 version - instead of killing your familiar and loading the EEKeeper, just Ctrl+R your familiar who is stuck in one of the forms. All thanks goes to @Troodon80
    Troodon80[Deleted User]Doubledimas
  • DoubledimasDoubledimas Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,286
    edited March 2017

To those who keep getting this problem in the 2.3 version - instead of killing your familiar and loading the EEKeeper, just Ctrl+R your familiar who is stuck in one of the forms. All thanks goes to @Troodon80

And for the completely new people who get this bug: To Ctrl+R, you have to activate the console first. For activation, check the following thread: https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/61900/how-to-enable-the-console-in-bgee-sod-bg2ee-in-version-2-0-and-later