Skip to content

Logging On = 1 equivalent in Baldur.lua?

I've recently hit a bug in SoD where the game crashes to desktop when I rest or when I travel to another location, save and then load that save. I have a lot of mods installed so I don't have much hope of anybody being able to diagnose my problem but I've read that in the past people could add the line Logging On = 1 under program options in Baldur.ini to generate a .err file and .log file with information about what the game was doing before a crash.

I've tried adding the line SetPrivateProfileString('Program Options','Logging On','1') to Baldur.lua but this doesn't seem to help. Is there a way to generate some kind of error log other than the standard .dmp which doesn't tell me anything useful? It would be nice to possibly determine which mod, if any, is causing my problems.

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    SetPrivateProfileString('Program Options','Logging On','1' is a correct line, but it looks like it doesn't do anything.

Try to launch the game from the terminal/console. That should spit out all sorts of information.