Skip to content

The 6th wheel in a evil party?

Ok so I want to have an evil play-through of the game but there are only 5 possible evil-party members protagonist included.

So who should I include for the 6th party member? Which available companion is the most evil-compatible/bantering?

Comments

• SunderSunder Member Posts: 56
    edited February 2017
    With EE: Dorn, Hexxat, Edwin, Korgan, & Viconia are 5 evil NPCS and a 6th is available in TOB.

While not of evil alignment the following fit well with a evil group IMO: Haer'Dalis, Yoshimo, & even Jan Jansen and maybe even Cernd.
    Post edited by Sunder on
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    I take it you're playing BG2 (Edwin, Viconia, Korgan, Sarevok and PC) and leaving one slot open through SoA to temporarily recruit an NPC to complete their quests.
    • Jan Jansen is the most tolerant, although you'll have to tolerate him.
    • Haer'Dalis fits in any party alignment and doesn't fight with anyone.
    • Cernd has no issues with anyone at all AFAIK, although he isn't the best powergaming choice.
    • Valygar I think has no issues with anyone (never played him with Viconia/Korgan tbh), although he might lose his Rangership and even leave due to low Rep.
    • Yoshimo/Imoen are pretty compatible as well. I know Yoshi doesn't care much, dunno about Imoen but I assume she also doesn't care much, although Imoen has very few SoA banters IIRC.
    • Nalia, although I am not sure if she fights one of the Evil NPCs, but her banters with Evil characters are pretty good.
  • bob_vengbob_veng Member Posts: 2,308
    jaheira is neutral and i often mix her with evil npcs. jaheira is very loyal to you even if she won't admit it. i don't have trouble imagining her helping an evil protagonist even if she doesn't like it.
  • WesboiWesboi Member Posts: 403
    Could just run with 5 for the extra xp gain and soon the 6th party member won't be missed
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • GrumGrum Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,100
    Aye, EE means no issues.

Vanilla I vote Haer'Dalis. He believes in entropy and destruction, which is pretty much what evilparties are.
  • Mantis37Mantis37 Member Posts: 1,174
    For BGT Valen is often considered to be the most memorable mod. Other suggestions might include:

Adrian
    Ninde
    Possibly Angelo
    Xulaye for the Underdark
  • Contemplative_HamsterContemplative_Hamster Member Posts: 844
    edited February 2017
    All it takes for evil to flourish is for neutrally-aligned NPCs to go with the flow and be pretty 'meh' about the whole morals thing.

Also, there are Quayle, Xan, and Tiax mods for BG2ee, too ...
  • UnderstandMouseMagicUnderstandMouseMagic Member Posts: 2,147
    Not sure if it's a mod, but Valygar and Edwin almost came to blows on my current runthrough.

I'm presuming, from the dialog that came up at the time, basically "him or me", that if it happens again I'm going to lose one of them.
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    Isn't that the beauty of Evil Parties? Bring along a goody too shoes like Aerie and watch her snap in the real world?
  • BelegCuthalionBelegCuthalion Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 453
    Jan just complements Edwin so well and can do the necessary thief jobs ... And he's lots fun paired with korgan banter wise ...

If not that: time for NPC mods!
  • brunardobrunardo Member Posts: 526
    yeah from that group I'd go with haer (tiefling right?) or jansen...cernd, jaheira, val dont fit in terms of RP even if they are considered "neutral"....technically also Wilson as hes just a dumb animal - does he even get an alignment?
  • EmpyrialEmpyrial Member Posts: 107
    Don't you get Dorn, Korgan, Edwin,
    Sunder said:

With EE: Dorn, Hexxat, Edwin, Korgan, & Viconia are 5 evil NPCS and a 6th is available in TOB.

Isn't this a full set if you add the PC as 6? Unless you're looking to avoid using Hexxat - I made an evil FMT and just skipped her.