Skip to content

getting the original movies in enhanced edition

Comments

• ChildofBhaal599ChildofBhaal599 Member Posts: 1,781
    @Sam_ i never got the installer to work, but i found where to place them. will they ever be able to be full screen though? thx this is really cool.
  • Sam_Sam_ Member Posts: 172
    @ChildofBhaal599 Did you follow the instructions in the hyperlink and create a hard link to your dialog.tlk? That has to be done or WeiDU can't do its thing and the installer will not run.

The movies will never scale themselves with the screen resolution, no. What I can do is use Adobe Premiere Pro to convert them to the same resolution (1280x720) as the new BGEE movies. Keep in mind, though, that making them bigger won't make them any better. Ultimately, the bigger I try to make them, the worse they're going to look. After my last final tomorrow I'll do the intro movie and upload it, and we can decide if it would be worth porting them to a larger size. Actually, I believe @Durlachion has already partially done that here (http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/8420/workaround-unpausing-multiplayer-game-doesnt-work/p1), although I haven't personally tired plugging them into my game yet. Let me know what you think.
  • Sese79Sese79 Member Posts: 478
    Why not placing them in a small window on a now unused loading page?
    @Sam_ I wouldn't mind if you increased resolution. I played the original full screen. Anyway, I never modded the original so I wouldn't know how but they are showing up just small
  • ZerdalZerdal Member Posts: 12
    Judging by this youtube upload, fullscreen intro doesn't look that bad... In my opinion, a lot better than played in small window (totally breaks immersion for me ;()

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=4hvt96JPm5Q
    NecdilzorDracNar
    @ChildofBhaal599
    Did you follow the instructions in the Read-me? If you don't make hard links to your dialog.tlk, the installer won't work (until WeiDU is updated to officially support BGEE anyway).

@Sese79
    I would try to make some kind of static hybrid that looked like that, but since the loading screens aren't being used, I doubt they have been ported to the new widescreen format/resolution. It wouldn't be worth the trouble, especially considering:

@ChildofBhaal599, @Zerdal
    Alright, I'll cook something up :-)
    Zerdal
    BG: EE Classic Movies
    Version 0.04
    http://www.shsforums.net/topic/55573-bg-ee-classic-movies/
    READ THE README!

* Added BWDRAGON (Bioware logo movie) and WOTC (WOTC Logo) from BGII.
    * All movies were resized to the same dimensions as the new BG:EE movies (1280x720) while maintaining their aspect ratios.
    DracNarfrede957SinForged
    @Sam_ awesome! Thx for taking my suggestion. I will try it when I get home :)
  • WeirdoWeirdo Member Posts: 3
    Thank you very much Sam, this mod is greatly appreciated!
  • NecdilzorNecdilzor Member Posts: 278
    Awesome! At least we have an alternative to the lack of remade videos ^^ Nice work!
  • frede957frede957 Member Posts: 7
    edited February 2014
    Thank you! you are awesome^^
  • ChosenUndeadChosenUndead Member Posts: 9
    I'm so tired T_T, so please excuse any oversights on my part. When I loaded a game that was usually the crappy flash cut-scenes, it's still showing the older ones in spite of the changes I've made with this mod.
    @ChosenUndead
    There are two reasons why you (and likely others) may be experiencing issues with this mod. First, it automatically installs some of the movies in the "lang/en_US/movies" folder, so if you are playing the game in a language other than US English, you won't see them in-game. You can get around this by manually copying these movies into the appropriate movies folder for your language. The second issue is that one of the recent patches for BG1:EE changed the internal method determining which movie file is selected for playback. Now there are lower resolution versions of the movies available (heights of 288 px and 480 px in addition to the original 720 px). The current version of BG: EE Classic Movies does not account for this. What this means is that if your game it trying to call a lower resolution of one of these moves, it can't find it because lower resolution versions of these movies do not exist. The mod is overdue for an update, I'm just not sure when I'll get around to it.
    JuliusBorisovlolienChosenUndead
    @Sam_
    Alright, thanks for the info, and I'll give you the results once I get around to it.
    JuliusBorisovlolienelminster
    @chosenundead i know I am a month late, but you could still want to know, as well as others that used this. for replacing the EE movies I recommend you manually put the movies in and replace the EE ones. these will work, or at least it does for me on a fully up to date BGEE. the missing movies are not so easy to get working again it seems. if I make the baldur.ini changes for them the game will crash. for now at least I can replace the EE ones, but I would like to have them all working.
    JuliusBorisovlolien
  • MalekBroodMalekBrood Member Posts: 3
    @Sam_‌
    Was just wondering if there was any news on an update for this mod because would love to get the old movies working again. :)

@Sam_‌
    Was just wondering if there was any news on an update for this mod because would love to get the old movies working again. :)

@sam_ isn't very active, so I am not sure. the best I think you can do for now is replace the movies that remained in the EE by manually placing the mod over the old movies. this doesn't appear to bring back the old ones, though I did have an odd occurance in my last playthrough where the gnoll stronghold movie somehow triggered, despite the fact that it shouldn't have the variables to run. i am not sure how I had that happen, but I missed out on other removed movies, such as the Beregost one, so it didn't work on them all.
    lolien
    @ChildofBhaal599‌
    Hi, thanks for the reply and update. It'd be a shame if this mod doesn't get an update, would be cool to have the missing movies back. I kinda like some of the new ones, but the missing old movies seem to add that extra bit of atmosphere that EE seems to lack. (I'll never forget the sinking feeling I had in my stomach the first time I went to Durlag's Tower and watched the movie when I arrived! I knew I was in trouble! LOL) Might have to have a go at getting the All-In-One Vanilla and mod it up once I've finished my current playthrough. Thanks again! :smiley:
    lolien
    I'll see what I can do...
    lolienChildofBhaal599MalekBroodJuliusBorisov
    @Sam_‌
    Thanks for the reply. No pressure really Sam, was looking at doing a full mod-up of BGT once I've finished my current EE playthough anyway, so I'll always have the movies that way. It's more for cosmetic/atmospheric reasons I would like to see them in EE really. :)
  • CahirCahir Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,819
    @Sam on these forums K4thos is know as @swit.

Nice update btw :smile:
    lolienJuliusBorisov
  • mister_ennuimister_ennui Member Posts: 98
    Sam_ said:

Updated (finally...)! Read the ReadMe! See BG: EE Classic Movies.

25 February 2015 - Version 0.05:
    * Upgraded to latest version of WeiDU, which is now BG:EE compatible.
    * Manual edit to Baldur.ini is no longer necessary. The installer does it for you.
    * Re-encoded hi-res (1280x720) movies to be higher quality.
    * Included medium-res (852x480) and lo-res (512x288) versions of movies.
    * Restored TAVERN movie to Elfsong Tavern.
    * Updated documentation.

Thanks to K4thos for handling all the WeiDU coding in the update!

@Sam_

This is great work. However, if you look at the layout of the Tavern in "TAVERN movie" it appears to actually be the Red Sheaf Inn in Beregost rather than the Elfsong Tavern in Baldur's Gate.
    Mortiannalolien
  • mister_ennuimister_ennui Member Posts: 98
    edited May 2015
    @Sam_

You're right!

I was assuming that the movie showed entry via the front door of the building. Looking at the layout from that perspective the closest (albeit not perfect) match seemed to be the Red Sheaf. However, if the movie is viewed as showing entry via a (non-existent in the game) side door leading into the kitchen of the Elfsong Tavern it is a much closer (indeed, near perfect) match. It also makes more sense, as you say, for a cut scene to have been made of the rather more famous Elfsong Tavern than the less significant Red Sheaf Inn.

Apologies for wasting your time with this.
    lolien
    @Sam_
    IT WORKED BTW
    lolien
  • DanathionDanathion Member Posts: 173
    edited October 2015
    @Sam_ The Beregost movie is not firing for me after installing your latest version. I uninstalled the old version before installing the newer one, Friendly Arm and Nashkel and the Day-Night movies have all worked.

Edit: Sorry, never mind! I forgot I had a Beregost .bcs in my other override folder. issue resolved :)
    lolien
  • ZaghoulZaghoul Member, Moderator Posts: 3,938
    These are great to have back again. Esp. missed the Wyvern and the sewers movie. Got them running fine in BGEE v2.3. Yeah they are lower res but better that than nothing.
    lolienAndreaColomboKaliesto
  • rutherfordrutherford Member Posts: 13
    @Sam_ I love this mod and I did not even play the original Baldur's gate! These movies are so much better than the Beamdog ones!

I am playing on my Android (HP Slate S7-4400US 7-Inch 16 GB Tablet) and I have modded it a bit. Everything works great except that your wbm files will not play in game. They play fine in VLC on tablet. This is on BGEE 1.3 - so I suspect that the probem is that the Webm player in 1.3 cannot recognize your wbm files. They also will not play from the movies list in options.

They play just fine on my Steam install.

I do NOT want to update to the new 2.5 beta on Android, so I wonder if you have any ideas for getting your movies to play in Android 1.3?

Thanks!
    lolien

@Sam_ I love this mod and I did not even play the original Baldur's gate! These movies are so much better than the Beamdog ones!

I am playing on my Android (HP Slate S7-4400US 7-Inch 16 GB Tablet) and I have modded it a bit. Everything works great except that your wbm files will not play in game. They play fine in VLC on tablet. This is on BGEE 1.3 - so I suspect that the probem is that the Webm player in 1.3 cannot recognize your wbm files. They also will not play from the movies list in options.

They play just fine on my Steam install.

I do NOT want to update to the new 2.5 beta on Android, so I wonder if you have any ideas for getting your movies to play in Android 1.3?

Thanks!

I apologize for the delayed response. My phone is not compatible with whatever security certificates beamdog forums has started using, and can't access the forums on my phone at all. This has severely impacted my presence here. As alluded to in the readme, try adding the LowResOnly versions of the movies to the install (or replacing the current version in your modded game with the low resolutions instead). I suspect the mobile version of the game is looking for the lower resolution versions of the movies, which are not included in the main mod archive because of size.
    lolien