Skip to content

Best NPC you Ever had ??

lordkimlordkim Member Posts: 1,063
Everybody always talking about the best Game they ever played. But im more curious about the best NPC. Someone who really intrigue you , fascinated you etc etc...

And it doesnt have to be Baldurs gate. It could be fun to play a game, just for the NPC´s

Must be a top 3 or something :)

Please explane why this NPc is you favorite :)
JuliusBorisovCrevsDaakStummvonBordwehr

Comments

• StummvonBordwehrStummvonBordwehr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,342
    edited March 2017
    Hmm. This is perhaps an unpopular opinion....

Has played BG and BG2 mostly

1) my favorite is Anomen. He is a "tad" anoying. But he can hold his own.

He is not a typical tank, but with full plate, shield and bracers of dexterity he is decent.

He has some cool summons, and he can buff them and the party as well.

I usually give him a sling and a mace (MoD)

I coulis wish that his two pips in spears where in flails and he couldnt speak... but you cant have it all.

2) Imoen. Great stats, decent thief and a great mage. She handle a short bow as well... she does get a bit gloomy in SoA - but is otherwise everything Anomen is not...

3) gotta be either Jan og Jaheira. Both versatile which is great in a small party..
    Post edited by StummvonBordwehr on
    ThacoBellTeflonlordkimBelgarathMTH
  • batoorbatoor Member Posts: 676
    edited March 2017
    Probably Planescape torments npcs, without picking a favorite. Although I must say I really dig Morte^^

Humorous funny little floating skull with a strong story as well.
    Teflontaclanelordkim
  • ArctodusArctodus Member Posts: 992
    edited March 2017
    I will list those that left the biggest impact on my imagination in order. I'll go mostly with oldies, because these were the ones blew me away when I was younger. As you get older, it's harder to feel that much impressed with NPCs...

- Magus (Chrono Trigger : fighter/mage trope, which I identify with the most, plus uber-cool character design.)
    - Kain (FF4, only for a stupid reason : he's a lefty just like me !! I then identified hard on this dude.)
    - Garr (BoF3, big, bad, tough dude that deals and take a lot of damage, but with a secret...)

While I make that list, I see that I often favored redeemed character. I'm not sure these NPCs would have been necessarily that high on my list if I would have played them today, but they nonetheless left such a big mark on my imagination when I was young that I can't really go another way...
    ThacoBellTeflonlordkim
  • HaHaCharadeHaHaCharade Member Posts: 1,643
    Talking purely Baldur's Gate, I'll always be partial to Xzar and Montaron even if I don't take them every playthrough. They're a riot.
    CrevsDaakTeflonBalrog99BelgarathMTH
  • brunardobrunardo Member Posts: 526
    Viccy or Sarevok for me
    TeflonBelgarathMTH
  • BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    edited March 2017
    @Skatan, Deekin is also a favorite of mine, and I feel about him like you do. Unfortunately, after I rescue him from his white dragon master, I can never take him on adventures, because I never develop thief skills, so I *need* Dorna with me at all times.

Dorna's actually a really good and memorable NPC in her own right. And I find that the dungeons in SoU get, well, let's say, "highly inconvenient" at the least, and lethal at the worst, without Dorna or your main character able to deal with all the traps and secret doors.

Everyone in the canon BG party are always going to be at the top of the list of my most remembered and beloved NPC's: Jaheira, Khalid, Minsc, Dynaheir, and Imoen. Honorable mention to Anomen, Yoshimo, Keldorn, and Jan from BG2.

Alistair, Morrigan, Wrynn, Sten, and Dog from DA also made a pretty big impression on me.

Surprisingly, nobody from KOTOR makes my list. Carth and HK-47 were kind of okay, but they pale for me in comparison to the BG and DA cast. I never liked Bastilla or Juhani very much. That old neutral Jedi was interesting, but I can't even remember his name now. The entire NPC cast of KOTOR2 seemed very bland to me, and I can't remember a single one of their names.
    Skatantbone1
  • SkatanSkatan Member, Moderator Posts: 5,352
    @BelgarathMTH; I was lucky enough to get to pllay through both HotU and SoU with a friend so that we could bring a henchmen each. Deekin was both our favorite but then there was still an open slot for a thief, but to be frank I have no memory of who that was, haha.. maybe it was Dorna, but as you can tell, he/she made very little impact for some reason :)

Thinking of all these great NPCs make me want to replay old games.
    BelgarathMTH
  • BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    edited March 2017
    @Skatan, Tomi Undergallows is your available thief for the NWN OC and in HotU, and Dorna is it for SoU. She was apparently never a very popular NPC, but I like her. I almost always need to take the thief NPC's to make up for skills my main character lacks, so I get to know them pretty well.

Dorna is a female dwarf who can dual class to cleric. In her portrait, she's wearing a bandana and is holding a set of lockpicks in her mouth. She loves to loot good coin, and she's fiercely loyal once you make friends with her.

SkatanTeflon
  • SkatanSkatan Member, Moderator Posts: 5,352
    @BelgarathMTH: Thanks mate! Now I recognize her. To be frank I only played through HotU and SoU twice, once by myself and once with my friend so I don't think I tried many of the NPCs.