Skip to content

ELF , what changes between CHARNAME and Irenicus?

doing a new Trilogy run , and read Somewhere that interactions with Irenicus change if you are a Elf... anyone knows specifics ?

spoiler away because right now i am still flirting with that 18 half-elf constitution.

Comments

•  TheArtisan TheArtisan Member Posts: 3,277
    Nothing at all
  • DevardKrownDevardKrown Member Posts: 421

Nothing at all

then no elf it is , preferring that constitution anyhow <3
  • NotabarbiegirlNotabarbiegirl Member Posts: 141
    No changes, and I normally play 1/2 Elf because I like my Cleric / Ranger the best, but have played other races and classes.
  • JoenSoJoenSo Member Posts: 910
    edited March 2017
    I may very well be wrong, but doesn't the dialogue with Elhan change slightly when discussing Irenicus if you're an elf though? Like just a short sentence about how you are still an outsider even though you're an elf. Or something like that.
  • BorekBorek Member Posts: 513
    JoenSo said:

I may very well be wrong, but doesn't the dialogue with Elhan change slightly when discussing Irenicus if you're an elf though? Like just a short sentence about how you are still an outsider even though you're an elf. Or something like that.

From what i remember there's a few "even though you are an Elf" additions to the dialogue, but i do not recall it changing any options. I still couldn't winkle anything out of Elhan as an Elf anyway.
  • DaevelonDaevelon Member Posts: 605
    Borek said:

From what i remember there's a few "even though you are an Elf" additions to the dialogue, but i do not recall it changing any options. I still couldn't winkle anything out of Elhan as an Elf anyway.

I confirm, i used a f/m/t elf and he just says something like 'you are an elf but not one of our community' and that's it
  • UnderstandMouseMagicUnderstandMouseMagic Member Posts: 2,147
    It's a bit of a lost opportunity in BG2 that there is so little "Elf" influence IMO. Considering that you end up in the Underdark and a major Elf city.

In BG, you have Xan and Kivan both giving some Elf society input, but BG2 where it's needed, not one elf companion.
    Instead the best on offer is Aerie, who's been deliberately made to also be outside mainstream Elf society.

BG2 came out the the year before LOTR, I wonder had it come out a bit later when all the Tolkein stuff was so popular in the mainstream, it would have reflected that?
    Whereas before, it was seen as a bit nerdy and niche and it can be understood why they avoided that.
  • DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300

It's a bit of a lost opportunity in BG2 that there is so little "Elf" influence IMO. Considering that you end up in the Underdark and a major Elf city.

In BG, you have Xan and Kivan both giving some Elf society input, but BG2 where it's needed, not one elf companion.
    Instead the best on offer is Aerie, who's been deliberately made to also be outside mainstream Elf society.

BG2 came out the the year before LOTR, I wonder had it come out a bit later when all the Tolkein stuff was so popular in the mainstream, it would have reflected that?
    Whereas before, it was seen as a bit nerdy and niche and it can be understood why they avoided that.

BG2 followed the hype of DnD 3rd edition, so I believe that most of the new elements refered to it. I don't think that they avoid racial content any more than they did with other individual aspects such as character class.
  • Necroscope86Necroscope86 Member Posts: 79
    Yeah as others have said it doesn't make a huge difference. The Elves still say "well your an elf but not from our place"