Skip to content

Upper floors of Friendly Arm Inn holy music played

lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
edited April 2013 in Fixed
Noticed just last night, first time entering FAI 's upper floors with a newly started game after the latest patch. 2nd and 3rd floors (where you get golden pantaloons, spider quest, belt fetish quest, etc.) all played the temple holy music. That holy hymn like thing going in the Temple of FAI, but probably shouldn't be playing at inn's resting floors. I've never noticed it before, too. Bug?
Post edited by Aedan on

Comments

• Avenger_teambgAvenger_teambg Member, Developer Posts: 5,862
    Yeah definitely bug. It seems no music is not honored and goes on playing the last music or the temple music... gotta see what. Anyway, the area is scripted to not have ANY music.
  • Avenger_teambgAvenger_teambg Member, Developer Posts: 5,862
    Actually, i think the main tavern area lost its music too. Can you confirm?
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    You mean that cheerful little tone is absent in FAI tavern? Haven't noticed, but I was playing late at night..I can check when I get to my PC.
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    I did not hear the tavern area music, however IIRC it plays randomly so I am not %100 sure.
  • AedanAedan Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 8,550
    Patch 2012 fixed this.
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    @Aedan Not sure if this is known or not but the incorrect music bug has returned as of 2014 only this time it is the tavern music that plays on the upper floors instead of the holy music. The correct music is the same as what plays outside the inn (adjusting for night/day).
  • AedanAedan Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 8,550
    Just tested again. I confirm that it is fixed. On the second and third floor of the FAI, the music that I hear is the one that plays outside the inn (as it happens in the vanilla version of the game).
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    @Aedan Huh. I wonder what is wrong with my game. I know what I am hearing... I wonder if it works fine in a foreign version which you may be playing in but not in English version...

I checked my NI and the two areas in question (ar2302 and ar2303 (the second and third floors of the inn)) have different song references set to them from ar2300 (outside the inn) and the same song references as ar2301 (the main floor of the inn). These files are at their default state.
  • HaHaCharadeHaHaCharade Member Posts: 1,643
    This is obviously a 4 year old post, but did the Tavern music used to play on all the floors of the FAI? I thought in vanilla it used to just be the first floor. Which made sense, since folks are sleeping.