Skip to content

Volo (Spoilers)

I always thought it odd that Volo mentions to you to "sit back and enjoy the atmosphere of this fine fair" in his dialogue, however he's not located at the Fair. He's in Nashkel... which of course is but a short distance from the fair. Still, I always thought it would make more sense if he was actually placed at a drinking tent *in* the fair. With it going on, why would he be in a Nashkel dive anyway? I tend to nitpick though, so who knows.
JuliusBorisov

Comments

• ZaghoulZaghoul Member, Moderator Posts: 3,938
    @HaHaCharade Yeah, what happened to the DRINKING TENTS in BG anyway. So if they dont have one I guess he has to get as close as he can to the fair (which lacked alot of ppl, according to folks there) and still be in a bar. But it is 0 traveling hours away, still, I hear ya.

I mean go to a renaissance fair these days and you can't 'sling a dead cat' without hitting one (got my like of mead from those).
    HaHaCharade
  • HaHaCharadeHaHaCharade Member Posts: 1,643
    He actually mentions the fair a few times in dialogue, like you are standing there. I think the fair is one of the biggest things they could overhaul in that game, and I know there's been some discussion about it. It's just always been a bit lame :smile:

He actually mentions the fair a few times in dialogue, like you are standing there. I think the fair is one of the biggest things they could overhaul in that game, and I know there's been some discussion about it. It's just always been a bit lame :smile:

Agreed, always seemed a shame to see those jousting lists sitting empty and not being put to use. Maybe some test your bow/axe/dagger/dart throwing contests instead of just betting tables. Some vegetable throwing at ppl in the stocks going on in the background. Maybe the odd (or even evil scheming jester) here and there.
    What else, er, things on sticks to eat. I mean we can order drinks in the game but does nobody want FOOD to?

Maybe the odd outhouse with the dangerous slime lurking below.

THe fair could definitely could be a mod unto itself IMO.
    HaHaCharadeThacoBell
  • OlvynChuruOlvynChuru Member Posts: 3,075
    Well, there is a jester: there's Lord Binky the Buffoon.
    HaHaCharade
    @OlvynChuru That dude always makes me want to muss up his bright clothes with some horse apples or something.
    AerakarHaHaCharade
  • DevardKrownDevardKrown Member Posts: 421
    well... Volvo is a bard , so he obviously is where people drinking and want a good story...Nashkel maybe has allowed the Carnival to set up shop with things to see and gamble , but forbid them to sell Drinks to keep the local Taverns running strong :)
  • SunderSunder Member Posts: 56

well... Volvo is a bard , so he obviously is where people drinking and want a good story...Nashkel maybe has allowed the Carnival to set up shop with things to see and gamble , but forbid them to sell Drinks to keep the local Taverns running strong :)

I thought it was an automobile & Volo was a famous Forgotten Realms Bard, but I am often wrong. ;P
    Daevelon